The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

Congrats! I had the same feeling for a while. Just keep waving and you will keep getting waves. You never know who will wave back. :beer:

I still probably wave more than what I receive back. Modified Jeeps are usually a sure thing but the local mall crawlers and soccer moms don't all know about the wave.

Edit: I never want to be that dude that didn't wave!

I'm in Mesquite, where ya at???

I'm not hating on the mall crawlers don't get me wrong. I just noticed that around my parts, it's those mall crawlers that don't wave back. Everybody is free to do what they want with their money. But no matter how modded or not your jeep is, I just want a wave back! Is that too much to ask for? Haha

Whether I wave depends on my mood. When I see a JK I'll usually wave but the wave normally isn't reciprocated by owners of previous generations so I won't wave unless they wave first. I'm simply fed up with owners of previous generations turning their noses up at me so I don't bother with them.

All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

damn officers...:cheesy:

Lol I explained it too him today. We were out in the field doing squad stx and I noticed my buddy in HQ screwing around slingin mud in his yellow rubicon around all the hmmwv's ON THE TRAINING AREA with the captain in the passenger seat with a big grin on his face. Maybe he will end up wheeling it now :D

Re: All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

Lol I explained it too him today. We were out in the field doing squad stx and I noticed my buddy in HQ screwing around slingin mud in his yellow rubicon around all the hmmwv's ON THE TRAINING AREA with the captain in the passenger seat with a big grin on his face. Maybe he will end up wheeling it now :D

That's funny

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does eye contact with a smile AND nod count? ....Sometimes my hands are full with all the shifting, and coffee, and such.

All but given up on Jeep wave...till today

I still wave at every removable top Jeep I see. Most return the wave. If I see they are not going to wave back, I usually wave more sarcastically while just about hanging out the door, just to mess with them. Most Army posts have a large number of jeeps, and most know about the wave.

I purposely only wave now to drivers of electric/hybrids or Smart cars. They have no idea what's going on.

The one wave I get consistently is the is the lady driving the right-side-drive mail jeep. It might sound dickish.. But a part of me doesn't want to wave lol

Lol my CO bought a brand new rubicon that will never see dirt. I'm pretty sure he thinks people are waving at him cause he's a captain or something lol

Lol I hear that my garrison commander has a a white JKUR '13 that will never see dirt... ive talked to him about it too and said he didnt spend the money for an off road vehicle... I made him an offer and he decline because id take it off roading... "SGT if you want a off roading vehicle drive that ASV sitting in your motorpool... not a Jeep... Sir... a Jeep is ment to see some dirt and mud not a showroom floor... SGT just push" wish I was making this up lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh and ive gotten 4 waves back here in Germany while in my Jeep Compass... although its from 4 guys in my company that know about the wave... not just cause they know me... atleast I keep telling myself that lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Since picking up my jeep at the beginning of the month, I'd say I get a wave back from about 75%... Hate to say so (since I'm female), but women don't wave nearly as much as men. I always do!! I like the post a few before me that said you wave half out the window almost sarcastically. Might have to start trying that just to see the reactions... make for a good laugh. I told the bf if I ever let him drive the jeep, he MUST wave!

Somebody said it a long time ago, but I'll repeat!: When you pick up your jeep, someone should be there to educate on the jeep wave! :standing wave:

I like the post a few before me that said you wave half out the window almost sarcastically. Might have to start trying that just to see the reactions...

..... you might a get a lot of guys follwing you home looking for a phone number or trying to buy you a beer.....
brows.gif

ive noticed here in connecticut that during the winter the jeep waves slowly decline butwhen that gorgeous weather comes out and everyones got their tops off waves are flying everywhere its great

Today was my first day out in the Jeep... There was a guy in a lifted JK crossing the intersection. He stuck his arm out of the window, pointed at me, and waved. That was a nice feeling getting my first "wave"

Today was my first day out in the Jeep... There was a guy in a lifted JK crossing the intersection. He stuck his arm out of the window, pointed at me, and waved. That was a nice feeling getting my first "wave"

Hahahaha congrats

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Great feeling isn't it? The camaraderie you find amongst Jeep owners is an awesome thing! Congrats on your first 'official' wave!! :clap2:

Top Bottom