The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

MTG

Caught the Bug
Shit I hope not. He never said anything about that. I'll arrive sometime next year

Either way I think most of the break in was done yesterday. Stop and go out of Los Angeles through Palm Springs plus the hundred or so miles that were put on before. I was just told to keep the speeds down until I can change the oil. Supposedly 500 miles was the key. And keeping speeds below 70ish until the diff service could be done.

You should have stopped in AZ and did the diff service. Driving that far under 70 would be brutal! Good luck!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
X2! I would have done it in the parking lot of the hotel.

I thought about it. Then I just did the math and figured it would add another 2-3 hours today. I wasn't quite sure how to do the diff service until Eddie chimed in this morning, add the time for the trip to the auto parts store...would make it all the same in the end. Talked myself out of it. That being said I'm 3 hours into the drive and I'm going nuts and may have rethought the decision if I were to do it again. :doh:

JKbrick

Definitely. Same way my spouse would look for a kitchen and master closet and bath, I look for a good garage. 1300 sf, 3.5 cars, 11 door ceilings, 8 tall, 10 foot wide doors and jack shaft openers.

Very nice!! Being a plumbing contractor those kitchens and master bathrooms pay some of my bills too. You could get a lift in the garage possibly

JAGS

Hooked
Just keep it under 70 or were there the old school drive cycles too? (i.e. drive for 30 minutes, then park for an hour or so to cool off, then for an hour or 2 and park again to cool off, then different speeds and no cruise control for the next few hundred miles?)

Shit I hope not. He never said anything about that. I'll arrive sometime next year

Either way I think most of the break in was done yesterday. Stop and go out of Los Angeles through Palm Springs plus the hundred or so miles that were put on before. I was just told to keep the speeds down until I can change the oil. Supposedly 500 miles was the key. And keeping speeds below 70ish until the diff service could be done.

Obviously past the point now, but when ORE did my gears, I could drive a much as I wanted in a single shot. But once I stopped, Drew recommended I do so for at least a couple hours so the gears could cool off before I heated them up and expanded them again. Just throwing this in here in case others read through. Might not be mandatory, but was the recommendation from ORE after my regearing.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Verry nice rig man

what are you average mpg?

Thanks. At 7mph I averaged 14.2 mpg on the flats and mild hills on the way home. On the mountains of New Mexico and Texas hill country I did 12.8. The jeep actually does better mpg with 40's on 5:38's than 37's on 4.88's.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Learned a few things.:
1) I can't find the second hole unless the are talking about the bottom one being "pinion side". I suppose that's right, but I was actually looking for A hole directly over the pinion.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408908941.803257.jpg

2) there is a hidden bolt under the dynatrac label.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408908910.319239.jpg

3) ring gear in person is massive.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408908976.738737.jpg

Top Bottom