The "Twins" Build ('13 JKUR10A and '14 JKURX)

LloydChristmas

I did not think I'd own 2 Jeeps this time last year. But, here I sit and own the "twins" below, as we refer to them. We are very fortunate as things worked out as we always wanted a Jeep and within a year we have 2 - our neighbors think we're crazy.

Attachments

• photo 71.jpg
    photo 71.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 620
  • photo 70.jpg
    photo 70.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 614
  • photo 31.jpg
    photo 31.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 620

LloydChristmas

Bright White

So, I bought the 2014 Bright White first. Started out just looking for a sport, then sold myself on Rubicon as I wanted to be off road, then one day saw an X next to a regular Rubicon. I really did like the X hood and X bumpers versus the regular Jeep bumpers and the flexibility they gave. I have done pretty much all the mods on these both myelf so here's a bit of what I've done (my son has helped along the way as a general laborer).

So, here is the JKURX at the dealer and first time at home

Attachments

• Driver Side at Dealer.jpg
    Driver Side at Dealer.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 597
  • photo 20.jpg
    photo 20.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 622

LloydChristmas

Mods to Bright White so far

So in 6 months, the mods I have done to the white one include:

- Blacked out muffler
- 2.5 TF Coil Lift
- Pro Comp 7105
- 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs
- TF monster Trackbar
- Rear camera addition (works thru 730N head unit - for $50 total - nice!)
- Antenna X
- Added RR Tow Hitch (as did not come with from factory, only $59 vs $395 if it was installed on the window sticker)
- Light guards and grill inserts (wife wanted)
- TF Hinged Tailgate Carrier
- RR Lower CA skids on all 4 corners
- Engine/Tranny/Oil Pan Skid
- I think that's it for now...

Some pics below, more to come I'm sure...

Attachments

• photo 14.jpg
    photo 14.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 574
  • photo 16.JPG
    photo 16.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 607
  • photo 17.jpg
    photo 17.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 576
  • photo 24.jpg
    photo 24.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 594
  • photo 38.jpg
    photo 38.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 585
  • photo 47.jpg
    photo 47.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 596
  • photo 48.jpg
    photo 48.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 568
  • photo 50.JPG
    photo 50.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 596

LloydChristmas

So with the Anvil one...

So, with the Anvil one, the story goes like this... Since I buy the new White Jeep, we all love it. When we started looking at buying the white jeep we were between white and anvil but couldn’t find a new X in anvi). So anyways, our Dodge Durango has 32k miles on it and needs new tires (on 20"s) so instead of buying new tires, we say WTF and trade it in (had like 5k in equity on it) as I found a 2013 10A in Anvil. We figured we could sell either as they hold their value whenever we needed to (plus I have a company car). So, the Anvil 10A came with 5 315/70r17s AND the 5 stockers, and 9000 lb winch with synthetic line, leveling kit, only 12k miles, great shape and in great shape and not a Jeep dealer so they did not really want it too long. Original owner didn’t really like the ride and traded it for a Buick LeSabre - I know... Anyways, just got this last month but mods so far are:

- Blacked out muffler
- Antenna X
- Changed rims from Pro Comp to Fuel Anza and rotated the 315s
- Added new set of TF 2.5 coils for cheap, painted them Red
- Painted steering stabilizer Red
- Fox Racing shocks
- Grill inserts and light guards with headlight bezels (wife likes, gotta give in somewhere)
- Painted hook on winch line Red (was yellow)
- I will be changing the current pocket style Bushwacker fender flares back to stock OEM fender flares as I dont like these too much
- More to come as well but thats it for now.... A few pics below...

Attachments

• photo 59.jpg
    photo 59.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 548
  • photo 64.JPG
    photo 64.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 589
  • photo 65.jpg
    photo 65.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 582
  • photo 66.jpg
    photo 66.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 559
  • photo 69.JPG
    photo 69.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 556

LloydChristmas

Did you just paint the muffler?

Jeep Alexander - for the muffler mod, all I did was clean off the muffler well, then wipe it down with acetone to get any goo off it, then use paper and cardboard to cover from ove spray and spray with a high temp paint (kind you can use for engines or grills). works great and really hides the chrome muffler when seeing the jeep from behind. Easy mod...

LloydChristmas

Here's how I did the rear camera on the white one: the only 3 parts needed for the camera install (if you have the 430N or 730N radio). Also, below are links to part 1 and part 2 videos of how to do it, so watch them both) the youtube video of exactly how to do it. Worked out great, no issues and total of $50 for the parts and very impressed with the results. The camera actually comes with its own drill bit and works to cut through a regular jeep bumper (although I mounted mine in the wheel hub of the spare tire as I did not want to drill into the steel Rubi X bumper, see pic below) but in the video, he mounts in the regular jeep bumper so up to you where you'd like to put it. Oh, the last part I list below (the female to female coupler) you only need 1 but comes in a pack of 10 through amazon but you can probably get one at a local radio shack. Whole process took me about 2 1/2 hours but now that I did it, it is easy and if I had to do it again, I could do it in 1 and 1/2. When mounting the camera into the bumper/spare/wherever you put it, dont push it in all the way until you know it is facing the right way (up) - as this camera has parking lines on it and if you dont line it up, you might push it in with the lines upside down or sideways or diagonal. I actually hooked the camera wire up to a small TV to so I could see the picture and line it up before I pushed it all the way in. I also added a little auto caulk/sealant and painted the edge black to match the center lug of the spare where I mounted the camera (see pic). Oh yeah - really important - you have to take your Jeep (either before or after, doesnt matter) to a Jeep dealer and ask them to "Flash your radio and apply code XAC". Without this "flash" to the radio head unit, it wont recognize the camera input. Mine did it for free as I had them do it same time I got them to do an oil change. I have heard some dealers will charge you labor (like 30 minutes worth) but really all they do is sit in front of a computer, register that code to your radio and sync it. They actually do no installing or removing of anything, ie. no real labor. Hope this helps but wife is very happy with a rearview camera (and works like stock, only comes on when you put it in reverse and you can now watch DVDs on the front radio - not while moving obviously).

Youtube video (this is only part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdar9ev_cTc

Youtube video (part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_3Sk4nucg

Attachments

• photo 49.jpg
    photo 49.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 568
  • camera1.jpg
    camera1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 538
  • camera2.jpg
    camera2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 555
  • camera3.jpg
    camera3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 544

LloydChristmas

Thanks - my hope is to build at least one of these up to a more capable rig but for now, they both are DDs and are letting us really enjoy the jeep wayalife. So much fun!

Sessoms14X

This is awesome. Very nice looking rigs man, I can't wait to buy another one someday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
Nice looking Jeeps there! :thumb: I'm guessing one's for the wife?

Also, thanks a lot for the info on the backup camera. I've ordered the parts and hope to tackle it when the parts get here. Thanks again!

LloydChristmas

Nice looking Jeeps there! :thumb: I'm guessing one's for the wife?

Also, thanks a lot for the info on the backup camera. I've ordered the parts and hope to tackle it when the parts get here. Thanks again!

Yes, one is for the wife and she was the one who really wanted another - kinda cool. Now there's always a jeep in the driveway to drive.

LloydChristmas

Added a few mods to the white jeep:

- Off Road Heros Cargo Top
- Maximus 3 Low Profile Hoop (pics 3 and 4 below)
- 20 inch LED light bar
photo 94b.jpg photo 93b.jpg photo 103b.jpg photo 101b.jpg

Top Bottom