Thoughts on this quick disconnect

Azzy5779

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457300669.345196.jpg

So 2 owners before me, the owner put a 4" lift on my 03' Tj and must have put these on. The look homemade to me. This is not a rubi, it's a sport. What do you think? Could I trust these? It doesn't help that the lift is not labeled anywhere.

Last edited:
I would change them out just on the rust factor, and get yourself a new set of links.. Like the Jks quicker disconnects and start fresh..

As others have mentioned I would swap them out. I don't trust that cotter pin there. Get jks as others have mentioned

That looks like an early gen Rubicon Express or Rancho link. RE has recently changed their design but I will also recommend getting some JKS links.

Attachments

• 1457323730236.jpg
    1457323730236.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 117
That looks like an early gen Rubicon Express or Rancho link. RE has recently changed their design but I will also recommend getting some JKS links.

Those cotter pins look cheap and looks to have rubber bushings not polys.

After a second look at the picture I see what you are saying. I can't believe the pin hasn't broke yet.

Yeah I'll look into them, I thought the pin was a bit sketchy. Just wanted to get someone other than my thoughts on it. Thanks guys.

I have never used them, frankly due to the fact that I am in Iowa without any trails and because in the coming 3 or so months it will be a mall crawler.

yiiikeeess at a minimum get actual pins:
REX-RE1199.jpg

Top Bottom