Tire patch

hbkid22

So I recently found out I had a screw in my tire. Took it in to get patched however the shop said they won't do it since its to close to the curve of the tire on the inside and patches need a flat surface to lay on. Is that true? Didn't get a pic of it but on the outside its in the tire tread.

WJCO

Meme King
So I recently found out I had a screw in my tire. Took it in to get patched however the shop said they won't do it since its to close to the curve of the tire on the inside and patches need a flat surface to lay on. Is that true? Didn't get a pic of it but on the outside its in the tire tread.

It's more about the shoulder and sidewall flexing that will cause the patch to not seat and stretch. Send us a pic of the exact location. Some shops will do it. Most shops are scared because of liability reasons. Send a pic.

hbkid22

It's more about the shoulder and sidewall flexing that will cause the patch to not seat and stretch. Send us a pic of the exact location. Some shops will do it. Most shops are scared because of liability reasons. Send a pic.

Liability was his reasoning. I'll try to get a pic later today and post it but doesn't seem like a concern from the outside. Either way the spare is on for now.

WJCO

Meme King
Liability was his reasoning. I'll try to get a pic later today and post it but doesn't seem like a concern from the outside. Either way the spare is on for now.

Good deal. Some shops will plug it too and won't even mess with a patch. There are ways. Not necessarily the best as far as industry standard, but may get you down the road just fine.

hbkid22

Here is a quick pic. Not sure if it will help as you cannot see where it's coming through on the inside. Was thinking about just plugging it and keeping it for a spare if another blows so I can at least get home.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447101223.668750.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447101212.654781.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447101212.654781.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 52

WJCO

Meme King
Here is a quick pic. Not sure if it will help as you cannot see where it's coming through on the inside. Was thinking about just plugging it and keeping it for a spare if another blows so I can at least get home.

View attachment 173008

I would definitely call that a repairable location. I would shop around. I bet you'll find someone that will do it. Or plug it like you said.

hbkid22

Sounds good. I will take it to other shops....I have just never heard that before but then again I have never actually had to patch a tire. Been to much of a pavement princess lately! :rock:

Top Bottom