TJ Coilovers

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
So, I came across an old thread that discussed coiloverson TJs. Eddie pointed out that it could be tough to get Coilovers right on a TJ, but I'm curious if anyone has done it and had successes or failures installing them. On road drivability and comfort seem to be pluses forcoilovers, while also superior off-road handling while traveling fast and the slower pace of rock crawling. What are the downsides.

I'm looking at the Gen-Right Elite Coilover package. But I'm open to suggestions, of course.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
From all my reserch over last few years the ride cant be beat,and if you stretch it its to 100" or so its amazing on and off road

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool. Now we're getting somewhere.

If I stick with the stock wheelbase, will the on road or off road characteristics be bad? Or is it just an issue of it being great, but could be better? And because I read where Eddie said getting Coilovers wrong on a TJ can be a problem, but he didn't expand on the thought.

I'd love to do the 100" wheel base, but that would set me back a bit, I think.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
The longer the wheel base the lees choppy feel, and at 100 is considered the perfect all all around wheelbase,better clinbing ability more stable.

But, then you're getting into a whole different ball park in the $$ department, too. Right? The GenRight Elite system is $2500 less than the Legend system. Though, I guess I was going to have to change the drive shafts and exhaust systems anyway.

Need to go buy lottery tickets, or take on overtime...

Last edited:

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Just depends on what you want, it your money and your jeep,and a hard decision

Well, I said from the time I bought the jeep that I didn't want to go cheap and be stuck with some shitty parts that I'd have to replace multiple times. And the thought of having a ride that's good on and off road is probably worth the money.

aribelin

IMG_3664.JPG

It is possible to get coilovers right on a TJ, well LJ in my case. Hard to describe the difference between custom suspension and a high quality lift kit.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
ADS coilovers custom tuned by ADS at their shop in Tucson, ADS bump stops and aluminum links attached by Ballistic joints. ProRock 60's installed with all hand fabricated mounts by Campbell Racing.

Thanks. That looks like an incredible setup.

Top Bottom