ToasterJeep.com - A New WAYALIFE Sister Forum Featuring the All New Jeep Renegade

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You guys see cooper, I see a 4 seat WRX eater. Will it ever happen? Maybe not. But I'm willing to give it a try.

I guess like so much in life, it's all in your attitude.

Tigrcky

Well then don't buy one. A bottle of honey says they sell very well though.

no I foresee these selling really well as well. But if a bottle of honey is what it takes for the pleasure of your company then I'll take that bet

Sent from my whatchamacallit

shadow21

Well then don't buy one. A bottle of honey says they sell very well though.

I was just saying Jeep already has a ton of low cost Jeeps in its arsenal. The one we are seeing in the video isn't going to be a low cost vehicle. I bet that thing ends up in the 25-27 (if not more) decked out like we see it. All the articles I've seen on them puts the base model at 19-20k.

I will take the bet that the Renegade decked out like we see doesn't sell worth a crap. Specially when people realize they can get a JKU for nearly the same price.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I will take the bet that the Renegade decked out like we see doesn't sell worth a crap. Specially when people realize they can get a JKU for nearly the same price.

Fully loaded JKUR's start at about $40k around here, and they don't get anywhere near 30+ mpg's. Regardless, I don't see the Renegade as an alternative to a JK or JKU. They serve totally different purposes.

New drivers, young families, city dwellers who like the mild outdoors, and people who live where there is inclement weather are all likely to eat the Renegade up.

Not everyone wants (or can afford) a brick that can run the Rubicon.

shadow21

Fully loaded JKUR's start at about $40k around here, and they don't get anywhere near 30+ mpg's. Regardless, I don't see the Renegade as an alternative to a JK or JKU. They serve totally different purposes.

New drivers, young families, city dwellers who like the mild outdoors, and people who live where there is inclement weather are all likely to eat the Renegade up.

Not everyone wants (or can afford) a brick that can run the Rubicon.

I 100% agree not everyone can afford a a fully loaded JKUR. My point is that this TrailHawk will likely cost what a basic 24C package JKU Sport cost. In that perspective I see people saying id rather have the Wrangler.

Either way I'll take the bet on a bottle of Honey for TrailHawk sales.

Last edited:
Don't be so short-sighted. Porsche guys used to say the same thing about the Cayenne. Now they can thank the Cayenne's sales numbers for helping to provide R&D money for the next best 911.

Plus, you can't always develop brand loyalty by starting with the $40k+ market. Having a solid entry level performer is good for the entire brand.

Harley does this very same thing with the Sportster and Buell motorcycles. They know that a Sportster owner will more than likely move up to a bigger Harley with in a year or two.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just signed up to see what happens. I've been kinda skeptical of this little guy, but it's growing on me. It strikes me the Toaster Jeep is pretty good at everything but harcore off road. That's OK 'cause it wasn't designed with that thought in mind. Got my JK for that (if I can ever find enough jack to properly mod it). Best wishes to Cindy & Eddie on this new endeavor.:yup:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Looks like I might be having some DNS problems. Neither Firefox nor Safari can find the site. I was just on it earlier. :idontknow:

Tigrcky

Looks like I might be having some DNS problems. Neither Firefox nor Safari can find the site. I was just on it earlier. :idontknow:

Its a problem with being on mobile Internet Eddie talk to me about it because I was having the same problems

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Have you tried turning it off and turning on again? :cheesy:

lol I'm on a Mac not a windows machine. :cheesy:

Maybe some local problem. I am getting notifications from the site but I can't get to it via the e-mail link or when I attempt to go via the address.

When I google it, I find the site in the list but then it won't take me there. :thinking:

Let me try my windows box.:icon_crazy:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Its a problem with being on mobile Internet Eddie talk to me about it because I was having the same problems

It's not working on my Windows 7 PC either at the moment in Firefox latest version. Honestly just looks like maybe my ISP isn't routing to the proper address as though the DNS isn't fully resolved or something. :thinking:

Oh well I'll check back later. I'll re-boot my router also. Sometimes that can do it. Probably a local problem if others are using the site.

JAGS

Hooked
Still waiting for reg confirmation email. Maybe it's a sign Eddie doesn't want me over there. Lol.

Cost, MPG and safety ratings will be the deciding factors. Putting a ton of commuter miles on the JK.

It's not working on my Windows 7 PC either at the moment in Firefox latest version. Honestly just looks like maybe my ISP isn't routing to the proper address as though the DNS isn't fully resolved or something. :thinking:

Oh well I'll check back later. I'll re-boot my router also. Sometimes that can do it. Probably a local problem if others are using the site.

Dude you are not making any sense. Speak English or non techie things.

I have not had a problem getting in to the site with my iPhone 5s and iPad2 or work PC.

I think the thingamajig is not talking to the whatchamacallit and routing through hodagitter. Again that is my humble opinion.

Top Bottom