Trail JK’s pretty Penny Copperhead build

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The wife and I were talking about getting back that way after I retire in a few more years for sure. I really want to hit monument valley too. Saw a lot, but not everything. I hope all of you enjoy the trip and have good weather.

Trail JK

Summer, summer, summertime.
Time to sit back and unwind.

New weekend project. Twill trektop nx arrived!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430360146.429708.jpg .

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Summer, summer, summertime.
Time to sit back and unwind.

New weekend project. Twill trektop nx arrived!

Hella jealous! I should just sell the hardtop and go for it already. Look forward to hearing about your install too. :thumb:

Trail JK

Install went pretty smooth, didn't have any issues with the window zippers after letting them rest in the sun. We used the bestop trektop video for the most part of the install.

One tip on the install is when tightening down the pivot bracket for the sun rider make sure to slide the bracket forward as far as you can towards the front windshield. That little bit of give will close the gap where the top meets the windshield. We needed to cut a small area of the plastic front door surround clamp in order to clear our top roll bar of the sport cage. Pretty happy with the new look! We need to work on how we are going to store the hardtop. Here are a couple of pics...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430604584.546683.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430604603.865170.jpg .

Last edited:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome!

Just curious, is it considerably louder on the highway than the hard top? I really like the look, but as a daily driver, I'd be a bit worried about noise.

Trail JK

Looks awesome!

Just curious, is it considerably louder on the highway than the hard top? I really like the look, but as a daily driver, I'd be a bit worried about noise.

I'll need to get back to you on that because we just installed it today. It's my daily driver too so I'll find out soon and will let you know. 👍

Top Bottom