Truck-Lite Question

Jk909

I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd ask here. Do truck lites simply plug into jk's or do I need to order the h4 to h13 adapter?

thardy

Banned
I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd ask here. Do truck lites simply plug into jk's or do I need to order the h4 to h13 adapter?

With the anti-flicker harness, I know it's plug and play. I never tried without the harness but if I remember correctly, it's still plug and play.

Jk909

With the anti-flicker harness, I know it's plug and play. I never tried without the harness but if I remember correctly, it's still plug and play.

The website I was looking at had two different adapters, one was the anti flicker and the other one was the h4 to h13. I don't know if I need either one of them?

thardy

Banned
The website I was looking at had two different adapters, one was the anti flicker and the other one was the h4 to h13. I don't know if I need either one of them?

According to NR4x4, you need one or the other. I've heard quite a few people say that the anti flicker isn't worth the money, but, to be honest, I don't know what the difference is in running them or not.

Jk909

According to NR4x4, you need one or the other. I've heard quite a few people say that the anti flicker isn't worth the money, but, to be honest, I don't know what the difference is in running them or not.

Cool, thanks for you help 👍

colo dean

We bought a set of the heated lights and apparently got a bad set. Drove up in the mountains during a snow storm at night. Had to stop every couple miles because I couldn't see anything. Lights looked like a flashlight behind a piece of paper. Contacted TL and they sent out a new set the next day. Great customer service. Snowed the week after the new set came in and no problems at all. We did get the anti-flicker just because from what I have heard, some flicker, some do not, wife gets headaches from flashing lights so it was easier to make sure we didn't have a problem. Only issue was they didn't seem to fit as tight as the factory lights. The securing ring tightened all the way up left them just a little loose. I put a couple pieces of electrical tape in the divots/line up holes/what ever you call the spots that orient the light to make them fit nice and tight. Been one of the best upgrades we have done.

TheFett

I've had my Truck Lites for a while now and got tons of miles behind them. I originally bought them from Northridge4x4 and I got them with the antiflicker harness. Make sure you use plenty of dielectric grease when you plug them in, and also found if you zip tie around the connectors for a real secure snug plug-in you'll be best. Couldn't be happier, easy to install with the harness, just add the grease and a zip tie pulled tight and you shouldn't have any problems.

Jk909

I've had my Truck Lites for a while now and got tons of miles behind them. I originally bought them from Northridge4x4 and I got them with the antiflicker harness. Make sure you use plenty of dielectric grease when you plug them in, and also found if you zip tie around the connectors for a real secure snug plug-in you'll be best. Couldn't be happier, easy to install with the harness, just add the grease and a zip tie pulled tight and you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just ordered them so they should be in by next week. It's going to be a good week for my jeep, ORE is regearing it for me and I'm installing the truck lites. 👌

TheFett

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just ordered them so they should be in by next week. It's going to be a good week for my jeep, ORE is regearing it for me and I'm installing the truck lites. 👌

Oh yeh man, nothing like a day when parts come in and the fitment is just right!.....lol Good Luck with the work and enjoy those Lites!

Smwells

The flicker is very hard to notice without the module. They are practically indestructible. No need for any guard. Live in california wish I had frost its 107 at 8pm. ugh. front_virw_lift[1].jpg

Top Bottom