Unlimited Deuce reborn (Hemi, 60s, PS Armour, Etc)

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I believe the bracket for the transmission is different on the 2wd jeep vs the 4wd jeeps. Might not be able to answer my questions since you swapped a Hemi but I'm wondering if you replaced the crossmember underneath the transmission or just modified the bracket to work with the 4wd?

Mizippi

I believe the bracket for the transmission is different on the 2wd jeep vs the 4wd jeeps. Might not be able to answer my questions since you swapped a Hemi but I'm wondering if you replaced the crossmember underneath the transmission or just modified the bracket to work with the 4wd?

Sorry. Your right...with the hemi I am sure this is all different. That said, extreme 4x4 did the conversion on their show. If I recall they address your question.

Mizippi

One problem solved:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475196044.273428.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475196066.502797.jpg

Not sure I dig the placement of the reservoirs, but the double battery got in the way.

Mizippi

This is why I need a trailer.

IMG_5450.jpg

When it ripped off all the hydraulic fluid leaked. Drove it off the trails, but couldn't drive it home.

Mizippi

Bummer. What happened? You gotta share the war story. Love your build.

Sent from my duck blind.

No cool story here. We went on a quick run up to Bridgeport (TX) ironically to find any weak links. Found one :)

If I could up load videos from my phone I would show you the sad moment it happened.

Oh man, did the bolt holding the PSC in just sheer off or something?

edit: nevermind, i just noticed it looks like the weld just broke right off. bummer man!

Last edited:
Top Bottom