unofficial Hidden Falls run Sept 30-Oct 2

gonna see if I can manage to swap a day out for the 30th which would free me up for this run as i go on vacation on the 1st ... if so i'll let you know and since i'm only on a 2 1/2 lift guess i would be in with the beginner group .... so at this point consider me as a possibly as i won't see know for another day or 2

gonna see if I can manage to swap a day out for the 30th which would free me up for this run as i go on vacation on the 1st ... if so i'll let you know and since i'm only on a 2 1/2 lift guess i would be in with the beginner group .... so at this point consider me as a possibly as i won't see know for another day or 2

Done........

Done........

thanks was gonna try for Ouray on the vacation but funds just aren't there , this is closer to home and ive never been to it so worth a trip over and may just hit a state park or two on the way home for more camping ... if i can get it off and i see you lack a tail gunner for the group consider it filled

Ok looked at my schedule for the 14-16 run and can't make it because it'll mess with my overtime check. So I won't be able to make that one either.

alright, so how strict are we on the cb requirement? I'm having trouble justifying the $200. (Just found out that we're expecting). I hope thats not a deal breaker??

alright, so how strict are we on the cb requirement? I'm having trouble justifying the $200. (Just found out that we're expecting). I hope thats not a deal breaker??

I can tell you from personal experience that I HIGHLY suggest that you get a CB before a trip with these guys. The CB banter with our Texas family is like nothing else and probably makes the trips. You'll have much more fun with it, I can promise you that.

But, having put in several CB setups myself, I can assure you you can get in to the CB stuff for much less than $200. I've got about $75 invested in mine with a budget CB that works completely fine.

I've done trips without CBs, and I've done them with CBs and I'll never do another one without.

Just food for thought.

why the hell are you spending $200 on a CB if you cant justify it? :idontknow: whats wrong with a $40-$75 setup? :thinking:

EDIT: Napalm beat me to it! haha

I'll admit i know absolutely zero about CBs, so any input is greatly appreciated. I've been doing some reading and here's what I understand that I would need:

Firestik FS3 - $18.81
18' coax - $7.21
mounting stud - $6.55
heavy duty spring - $11.98
swr meter - $16.94
cobra 75wxst - $92.90
grab handle mount - $37.95

total $192.34

I had planned on making my own antenna mount and maybe even the grab handle mount. I know a radio can be had for much less, but i'd like have the smallest footprint possible.

I'll admit i know absolutely zero about CBs, so any input is greatly appreciated. I've been doing some reading and here's what I understand that I would need:

Firestik FS3 - $18.81
18' coax - $7.21
mounting stud - $6.55
swr meter - $16.94
cobra 75wxst - $92.90

total $192.34

I had planned on making my own antenna mount and maybe even the grab handle mount. I know a radio can be had for much less, but i'd like have the smallest footprint possible.

Starting out, if your on a budget, don't go with that expensive of a CB. Amazon has many budget cbs such a this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471625788.169780.jpg
Or this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471625804.274525.jpg

I've ran both of the CBs and can personally say they work great. No issues here.

Also look into a less expensive mount such as the Rugged Ridge footman loop for $20.

As far as an SWR. Borrow one from from on the Texas guys on here. I can help you with that.

Starting out, if your on a budget, don't go with that expensive of a CB. Amazon has many budget cbs such a this
View attachment 218201
Or this
View attachment 218202

I've ran both of the CBs and can personally say they work great. No issues here.

Also look into a less expensive mount such as the Rugged Ridge footman loop for $20.

As far as an SWR. Borrow one from from on the Texas guys on here. I can help you with that.

The midland 1001, and the Uniden are GREAT radios for the price!!! If you shop around you can get your whole setup for under $50, plus whatever radio & mount you want (VELCRO works awesome as a mount if you are only going to use your CB when wheeling, AND its cheap! :yup:) and when you meet up with the group, ask around for an SWR meter... you dont have to own it to use it ;)

Firestik FS3 - $18.81
18' coax - $7.21
mounting stud - $6.55
swr meter - $16.94
cobra 75wxst - $92.90

total $192.34

Going along with what the others have said, I got my entire set up for about $100.

Have a uniden unit, 4ft FireStik, Coax from Amazon, a retractable mic holder and the EVO tailgate antenna mount.

Then I got Napalm to tune it, for free ;)

Recently I just relocated my radio to the footman loop with the rugged ridge mount and got a better mic for about 30 bucks.

Going along with what the others have said, I got my entire set up for about $100.

Have a uniden unit, 4ft FireStik, Coax from Amazon, a retractable mic holder and the EVO tailgate antenna mount.

Then I got Napalm to tune it, for free ;)

Recently I just relocated my radio to the footman loop with the rugged ridge mount and got a better mic for about 30 bucks.

Yea but your volume was low last Sunday. And it was on my radio and Tom's. We should have troubleshooted with all that down time we had.

I've got the midland if you want it. I plan on setting up my cb this coming days off. Anyone in San Antonio area want to help as I have no idea how

Yea but your volume was low last Sunday. And it was on my radio and Tom's. We should have troubleshooted with all that down time we had.

It might've been that mic, I stuck the old one on the glovebox for next time.

It sounds like operator error [emoji85] hahah! Just kidding Kyle!

I was whispering, just to mess with them ;)

I could hear kyle just fine the last time we wheeled... and the whole 3 and a half hour road trip home...

Probably wishing I would be quiet for a few minutes :thumb:

Top Bottom