Upgraded Dana 30 Better Than a Rubicon 44

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Most of this is buddies messing around. Some of it is a warning to others that there are some better options. Pretend you are in a locker room with your buddies as this is what this really is.

Is that what you do? Picture is in a locker room all hot and smelly? You PREVERT.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most of this is buddies messing around. Some of it is a warning to others that there are some better options. Pretend you are in a locker room with your buddies as this is what this really is.

This ^^^^

Try not to take the bantering to seriously because that's all it really is. I kid you not, you'd still hear the same thing in person only - it might come off a bit differently especially after a beer or two :)

OscarMike2.0

Just so you know some rubi axles with 5k miles sold for 2400 no one will ever pay what a rubi axle costs for an open 30.

Out of respect for the OP, this thread was moved out of a for sale post.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?28403-Upgraded-Dana-30-and-Dana-44

Someone who spent an assload of money building up their D30 says it's better than a stock D44?

View attachment 151566

Guess when you spend more money it MUST mean it's better.

Just saw this thread. I lowered my price on the axles to 800 OBO. Wasnt trying to make a profit. I really just didnt know what a fair price was. I wasnt on wayalife when I built up the 30 otherwise I never would have spent a dime on it.

Last edited:
Looks like I missed the fun but I see my picture was added for me :cool:

The only thing I will add is we were with several of the other east coast crew at RC and we were far from beating on the Jeep when this happened. It was a very controlled climb and this was a result of a torque load and not a shock load. We were actually hooked up via winch (cozdude's) and were only providing a bit of an assist so the winch didn't have to work so hard.

The Jeep has 35" AT tires. ...and it WAS NOT covered under warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw this thread. I lowered my price on the axles to 800 OBO. Wasnt trying to make a profit. I really just didnt know what a fair price was. I wasnt on wayalife when I built up the 30 otherwise I never would have spent a dime on it.

Sorry for the mess that went on in your thread. I still stand by the fact that for the right buyer, you can get $800 for it. That buyer will be someone who blew out his existing D30 and can't afford to upgrade right now. If you're patient, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get that much.

NV375

Sorry for the mess that went on in your thread. I still stand by the fact that for the right buyer, you can get $800 for it. That buyer will be someone who blew out his existing D30 and can't afford to upgrade right now. If you're patient, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get that much.

I was in that position once with my '07 and would have grabbed any axle I could have afforded at the time. With my '14 I tossed in a PR44 as soon as I had the money. I probably overreacted with the '14 JKUR. I probably could have gone a long time on the Rubicon 44.

metalic

Looks like I missed the fun but I see my picture was added for me :cool:

The only thing I will add is we were with several of the other east coast crew at RC and we were far from beating on the Jeep when this happened. It was a very controlled climb and this was a result of a torque load and not a shock load. We were actually hooked up via winch (cozdude's) and were only providing a bit of an assist so the winch didn't have to work so hard.

The Jeep has 35" AT tires. ...and it WAS NOT covered under warranty.

For what it's worth I sold my factory D30 with 4:10, Synergy sleeves, gussets, and BJ's for $600 to a guy who needed on and couldn't afford a PR44 or similar

OscarMike2.0

Lol it's fine.

I would be asking Lower but it has Rcvs so hopefully I can get 800.

Even though I had issues with the RCVs I agree. I paid over $400 to get the parts to repair mine and new they are MUCH more. While I do not believe they are worth the added cost for strength, I do like how smoothly they operate. I could see where someone who just wants to pull the 4WD lever and not worry about a mixed snow/paved road in the winter would want them. Honestly, I still like them for this myself.

OscarMike2.0

Even though I had issues with the RCVs I agree. I paid over $400 to get the parts to repair mine and new they are MUCH more. While I do not believe they are worth the added cost for strength, I do like how smoothly they operate. I could see where someone who just wants to pull the 4WD lever and not worry about a mixed snow/paved road in the winter would want them. Honestly, I still like them for this myself.

Competly agree. I got them again in my PR44 because I love how smooth they operate. Not for strength.

Top Bottom