upgrading for BB to Springs?

Disvowed

upgrading from BB to Springs?

I Have a 08 JKUR with a 2.5 BB and am thinking about switching to 2.5 springs. i have alrdy switched the shocks. not really looking to go larger just yet i want to stay around 33"-35" tires but i want more wheel travel that the springs would give. my questions is at this point is all i need to do is replace springs and bump stops or is there more i need to do to make this work? i see teraflex sells 2.5 springs front and rear. or any other sugestion?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I Have a 08 JKUR with a 2.5 BB and am thinking about switching to 2.5 springs. i have alrdy switched the shocks. not really looking to go larger just yet i want to stay around 33"-35" tires but i want more wheel travel that the springs would give. my questions is at this point is all i need to do is replace springs and bump stops or is there more i need to do to make this work? i see teraflex sells 2.5 springs front and rear. or any other sugestion?

if your going from 2.5 bb to springs you will only need to swap in the new springs. your BB should have come with the proper bump stops for that kit and your shocks that you have now should already be the right length. as far as travel goes your travel is deptermined by the length of your shocks not the springs that you have.

TheDuff

And TF springs are a very stiff spring, so be sure that is the kind of ride you want.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, TF coils are VERY firm and will give you OVER 3" of lift. Being that you have an 08, if you have an automatic, you will have issues with your front drive shaft. If you haven't already got brake line extensions or longer rear lines installed, you will needed them. If you haven't already installed longer rear sway bar links and have the factory rears installed up front, you will need to. At 3" or more of lift, you will need to install a rear track bar relocation bracket or adjustable track bar if you haven't done so already. Without it, your axle will shift enough to put your drive side rear tire really close to your sway bar link end if not cause it to rub (depends on what back spacing you have). A front adjustable track bar would be handy as well if not a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket.

TheDuff

As mentioned, TF coils are VERY firm and will give you OVER 3" of lift. Being that you have an 08, if you have an automatic, you will have issues with your front drive shaft. If you haven't already got brake line extensions or longer rear lines installed, you will needed them. If you haven't already installed longer rear sway bar links and have the factory rears installed up front, you will need to. At 3" or more of lift, you will need to install a rear track bar relocation bracket or adjustable track bar if you haven't done so already. Without it, your axle will shift enough to put your drive side rear tire really close to your sway bar link end if not cause it to rub (depends on what back spacing you have). A front adjustable track bar would be handy as well if not a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket.

And on top of all that, the jeep will not be any more capable than it was with just the BB. Sounds like a waste of money

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Disvowed

thanks for the info sounds like i should just stay where i'm at for now. and yes the JKUR has an automatic so that would be an issue. i will be headed to moab later this summer so was looking to try and make it alittle more hard core but problay spend the money on winch, bumper and such. thanks again for the info.:thumb:

Top Bottom