VIDEO : EVO UP - The Beginning of a Badass JEEP GLADIATOR Pickup Truck Build

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Awesome! The more I look at tents for a trailer the more I’m intrigued on what Mel comes up with.

Yup. This Sport costs about $35k. A fully loaded Rubicon can cost about $60k. Mel is hoping to make a badass build from this starting point and within the $25k difference.

I think it's a part of his price point perspective and availability.

might be an even greater difference is you add in taxes. Depending on if they have to pay taxes on all or some of the aftermarket parts.

unless you mean 35k and 60k out the door. :)

USMC Wrangler

I’m very much looking forward to seeing what it looks like when Mel is done with it. The mock up looked amazing! [emoji1303]

el_chupo_

I liked the idea of the Jeep Truck, but I have not been super excited by the factory versions, especially with a rubicon with a few options coming in around $50k (not expecting much discount for a little while either).

But that shot with the 40s had me really thinking if I could still tow a car with it...

Anxiously awaiting more updates, and thanks for getting this background stuff up, great stuff!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It really is. Or at least, it will be when done :yup:

It would definitely require the labor cost to be minimized by diy...

Yup. But that would get you sitting on one tons and 40's :yup:

I can’t wait to see the finished product! This will look as good as it is capable!

It'll definitely get it a lot more capable than it is stock. :yup:

Awesome! The more I look at tents for a trailer the more I’m intrigued on what Mel comes up with.

LOL - this would be a nice alternative for sure :)

Looks like it's gonna be an awesome build! Can't wait to see it unfold.

Fortunately, you'll be able to see it unfold as soon as EJS and that's just around the corner. :yup:

might be an even greater difference is you add in taxes. Depending on if they have to pay taxes on all or some of the aftermarket parts.

unless you mean 35k and 60k out the door. :)

$35k for the cost of a Gladiator Sport and then spending about $25k on parts. :yup:

That’s going to be insane! So cool that he’s going to be racing that in Baja.

The rendering, well....

So that it isn't missed, he'll have to strip it back down to basics and run it essentially stock. :yup:

Can’t wait to see it in Baja

It'll look a lot different than what their building now but still very cool to see for sure.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing what it looks like when Mel is done with it. The mock up looked amazing! [emoji1303]

It really helped to show what it will look like and it definitely was cool :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t wait to see what they do with it. I’ve been thinking about getting a tow rig this year but may have to pass and get this instead.

LOL!! Well, this will be far from a tow rig but it will be a badass truck :yup:

Very nice of you guys to share this journey with us.
Enjoyed every moment of it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Awesome, so glad we could take you along for the fun :)

I love that he got a black one!

It does look pretty sharp :)

This is going to be one bad ass Jeep! Thanks for the behind the scenes [emoji106]

You bet! It's always fun to be able to share in the excitement :)

That thing is badass!! Can't wait to see it when he comes to Texas next month!

That's right, you will get to see it in person there :cool:

I liked the idea of the Jeep Truck, but I have not been super excited by the factory versions, especially with a rubicon with a few options coming in around $50k (not expecting much discount for a little while either).

But that shot with the 40s had me really thinking if I could still tow a car with it...

Anxiously awaiting more updates, and thanks for getting this background stuff up, great stuff!

Yup, you won't have crazy tow capacity but you would be able to pull something like a car. :yup:

Looking forward to seeing another amazing creation from Mel and the rest of the Evo Team!

Should be way cool for sure :)

So F’n cool!

About what I said when I first saw it with those 40's mocked up :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
Just curious considering all the negativity I had heard about them since they came out.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

These axles will be sufficient for most. Its just that at 15k for this axle set it actually costs 2k more than Dynatracs 60/60 package and is $1500 less than Dynatracs XD60/XD60 package. I'd argue these packages are of better quality, american made, and their customer service has been proven time and time again vs. the UD60 which I believe are made over seas with the exception of the ring and pinion, and limited customer service. The negativity that has been against the UD60's are the QC and failures which have happened.

Top Bottom