VIDEO : NOISE GRAPPLERS - Hear the Soothing Sound of Nitto Mud Grapplers

SJ21XDC

May just be that I am in an airport but sounds like you updated to a jet engine to me...

More like a prop plane. We've been trying to come up with a name for my jeep and my wife suggested the Red Barron because it now sounds like a plane!:cheesy:

greggnj

Holy crap that's awesome, but my wife would kill me and the guys I carpool with would kick me out... (I have Duratracs and the one guy wears earplugs)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No lie, no tire we've run causes people to turn their heads and stare the way these 40x15.50 Mud Grapplers do. Hell, they don't even need to see us first :crazyeyes: :D

NastyNate

LOL sounds loud but that's also a way bigger tire .....I personally love it ......and it could drown out the wife and kids ....I'm sensing a win win LOL

WJCO

Meme King
No lie, no tire we've run causes people to turn their heads and stare the way these 40x15.50 Mud Grapplers do. Hell, they don't even need to see us first :crazyeyes: :D

That's awesome. You need to add a few whistling light bars too if you really want some attention.

FuriousDz

Im sure definitely the meanest looking tires out there IMO. Especially with that little allegator skin on the side wall

JRob25

That sound is music to some, and annoying to others!!! The aggressive tread on the outside of the tire let's the noise out and gives the "prop plane" sound. Most off-road tires have noise when your talking mud terrain, the Nitto Terra Grappler is an all-terrain that has an aggressive sidewall...giving the tough look. Nothing looks as good and aggressive as a mud terrain, many can be loud and some don't handle on the street. The best rated are the Goodyear Wrangler MTR and Toyo open country if you want the best of both street/off-road. Bi hear the noise is better as well!! Maybe some of the other members can vouch? This site is pretty good for rating off-road tires, maybe it can help you for your next set: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Nitto_Terra_Grappler.htm
Site will give ratings for each tire, seems to be right on. On the left side of the page you choose any tire and will give you info, hope this is useful...good luck [emoji106]🏻

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sound is music to some, and annoying to others!!! The aggressive tread on the outside of the tire let's the noise out and gives the "prop plane" sound. Most off-road tires have noise when your talking mud terrain, the Nitto Terra Grappler is an all-terrain that has an aggressive sidewall...giving the tough look. Nothing looks as good and aggressive as a mud terrain, many can be loud and some don't handle on the street. The best rated are the Goodyear Wrangler MTR and Toyo open country if you want the best of both street/off-road. Bi hear the noise is better as well!! Maybe some of the other members can vouch? This site is pretty good for rating off-road tires, maybe it can help you for your next set: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Nitto_Terra_Grappler.htm
Site will give ratings for each tire, seems to be right on. On the left side of the page you choose any tire and will give you info, hope this is useful...good luck [emoji106]

:cheesy: Didn't click on the link and won't now that you got that the Wrangler MT/R's are one of the "best rated" from it. I have bought and tested MT/R's and oh so wanted to love them as they look cool but in the end, found them to be THE WORST tire I have run. They were near impossible to balance, had funny road manners due to their directional like tread and had without question, one of the weakest sidewalls of any MT I have run. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Skid_Kid

Lol! I just put my 35's on and people look all weird at me now going down the highway now. My son does love the airplane noise though!

Top Bottom