Watcha cookin'?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lengua. It's what's for dinner!

Paleo beef tongue tacos. Topped with fresh salsa, onions and cilantro. They were EPIC. Well worth the 4 hour cook to get the meat ultra tender and juicy.

Showing off me new utility in this shot. Lol

And plated.

Nice!

Been wanting to try some tongue. How did you prepare/cook it?

Do you eat paleo all the time?

Nice knife!

Nice!

Been wanting to try some tongue. How did you prepare/cook it?

Do you eat paleo all the time?

Nice knife!

Tongue is seriously delicious. My father in law showed me how he does it and I was dumbfounded how easy it is.

Pre heat the oven to 400*. Stab the tongue a few times then loosely wrap it in foil making sure it won't open up while cooking. That part is key to keeping it moist. Cook for 4 hours unwrap and make a slice on the top part of the skin. Peel away the skin discard and chop into pieces. Place in a cast iron skillet and pour all the greasy juice from the foil in the skillet. Fry it a bit and serve hot.

I never add salt or anything. It has plenty of flavor all by itself and the tiny bit of salt from the salsa. I also never pull it apart only because I don't like shredded meats.

The knife is awesome. Best investment I've made to my kitchen.

My wife and I are big into paleo. We discovered it and got really into it last year while she was pregnant with our first kid. She was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so we made the change and we haven't looked back since. We are healthier and just feel all around better. We arn't very strict like others but we do our best to listen to our bodies when we "fall off the wagon" for a meal or three.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Tongue is seriously delicious. My father in law showed me how he does it and I was dumbfounded how easy it is.

Pre heat the oven to 400*. Stab the tongue a few times then loosely wrap it in foil making sure it won't open up while cooking. That part is key to keeping it moist. Cook for 4 hours unwrap and make a slice on the top part of the skin. Peel away the skin discard and chop into pieces. Place in a cast iron skillet and pour all the greasy juice from the foil in the skillet. Fry it a bit and serve hot.

I never add salt or anything. It has plenty of flavor all by itself and the tiny bit of salt from the salsa. I also never pull it apart only because I don't like shredded meats.

The knife is awesome. Best investment I've made to my kitchen.

My wife and I are big into paleo. We discovered it and got really into it last year while she was pregnant with our first kid. She was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so we made the change and we haven't looked back since. We are healthier and just feel all around better. We arn't very strict like others but we do our best to listen to our bodies when we "fall off the wagon" for a meal or three.

Very nice! Gonna have to try some tongue soon.

Re paleo: we are about 7 months into it and love it! I can't imagine living any other way.

Funny that I've only posted up dinners when breakfast is my favorite meal.

What are you guys cooking up in the morning before heading to work?

Today was sweet potatoes, bacon and pouched eggs. Spring greens and avocado to round it out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395681498.895257.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
What are you guys cooking up in the morning before heading to work?

Given the various tastes in the family, here is a typical morning.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395682052.633910.jpg

Another one we like.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395682077.083219.jpg

Most the time for me it's just eggs over easy, bacon and occasionally turnip hash browns.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395682121.783271.jpg

We are wanting to try to vary it up more and get away from the traditional breakfast.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I have to precook my weeks breakfast/ lunch. So today I made: Paleo skillet steak with eggs (sweet potatoes, peppers, onions and tomatoes).
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395696053.097351.jpg

And some crab and shrimp ceviche:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395696105.318705.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome as always MTG!

Tell me about that beet kraut. Interesting.

We are trying to increase our intake of fermented food. We haven't started making our own sauerkraut yet, so I found this at whole foods. Essentially just beets and ginger mixed in with the cabbage. It has too much ginger for my tastes but it was okay.

Also have some kombucha fermenting in the pantry. :)

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We are trying to increase our intake of fermented food. We haven't started making our own sauerkraut yet, so I found this at whole foods. Essentially just beets and ginger mixed in with the cabbage. It has too much ginger for my tastes but it was okay.

Why are you increasing fermented foods? Just curious.

Rad.
Been thinking about making kraut as well.

Love me some kombucha!

Top Bottom