Water crossings pic request

Grubbicon

Right after that I put the 40s all the way under and almost got a ticket for being in a unauthorized area lol ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420431323.502361.jpg in my defense the road goes through the creek. Just because I ventured up before I kept going down the road should mean anything.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
A little puddle, nothing fancy. But still fun :)

Attachments

• 1420431730295.jpg
    1420431730295.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 1420431745617.jpg
    1420431745617.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 1420431760177.jpg
    1420431760177.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 1420431772647.jpg
    1420431772647.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 264

CJW

View attachment 117663 he went under fully this was after he re appeared. It was a reckless move on his behalf but he had a horseshoe up his ass. Our 4th crossing of Lake Michigan and be decied to take the deeper route...I'm lifted and sit much higher than him and I was worried in spots. His rig was 3 weeks old af that point. When I finally got it back to shore and sent all the other rigs behind us back I tore apart the intake and cleaned a few things and she started right up.

So lucky!!

hydrohut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWuoX-x9kww
Here's a short water crossing related video I filmed in the Orongorongo valley, Wellington NZ. We use a bush hut in the valley and we often have to put up with a bit of flooding. In the first scene you can just see our Jeep parked under the trees and that's where it stayed all day until the river dropped a bit. The guy with the Hilux actually crossed half an hour later and it almost ended in disaster as he lost traction near the other side and started floating, spun around 180 degrees, threw it in reverse and was extremely lucky to get some traction and shoot out in reverse. He should have never attempted to cross. I wish I had been filming then, it would have been priceless. I run a Safari snorkel. I didn't want to cut the hood up, the safari enters through the side and I personally think they are neat and tidy. I don't like having to do water crossings, in the long term it takes it's toll on things mechanical and electrical. If you have to do water crossings any snorkel is better than none!

This is my recurring 'nightmare'... I knew there was a solid (single lane) road under here as I've driven it before... and the warning signs simply said "water over road".

It stayed reasonable for some time - but then, it got deep - I was over the top of my 35" tires and starting to panic.. and think I was slipping to the ditch... some stroke of luck happened and I made it through though. I wish I had my gopro at that time as I would have filmed it. I stopped taking photos when the water was getting close to the top of the wheels.

14372904628_e9b5e90292.jpg

15854139157_ec6c8e2920.jpg

16039904785_6783bc30c8.jpg

I should have taken a photo, but first thing I did was open the hood and check the intake. There was about 1/4" of water in the bottom, otherwise I just cleaned off the seaweed and continued on. Been petrified of water crossings ever since! I don't think I'll ever do a crossing this long again - there are too many unknowns - and too much of risk.

hydrohut

This is my recurring 'nightmare'... I knew there was a solid (single lane) road under here as I've driven it before... and the warning signs simply said "water over road".

It stayed reasonable for some time - but then, it got deep - I was over the top of my 35" tires and starting to panic.. and think I was slipping to the ditch... some stroke of luck happened and I made it through though. I wish I had my gopro at that time as I would have filmed it. I stopped taking photos when the water was getting close to the top of the wheels.

14372904628_e9b5e90292.jpg

15854139157_ec6c8e2920.jpg

16039904785_6783bc30c8.jpg

I should have taken a photo, but first thing I did was open the hood and check the intake. There was about 1/4" of water in the bottom, otherwise I just cleaned off the seaweed and continued on. Been petrified of water crossings ever since! I don't think I'll ever do a crossing this long again - there are too many unknowns - and too much of risk.
Salt water too? yuk! That is a nightmare.

Mitrig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWuoX-x9kww
Here's a short water crossing related video I filmed in the Orongorongo valley, Wellington NZ. We use a bush hut in the valley and we often have to put up with a bit of flooding. In the first scene you can just see our Jeep parked under the trees and that's where it stayed all day until the river dropped a bit. The guy with the Hilux actually crossed half an hour later and it almost ended in disaster as he lost traction near the other side and started floating, spun around 180 degrees, threw it in reverse and was extremely lucky to get some traction and shoot out in reverse. He should have never attempted to cross. I wish I had been filming then, it would have been priceless. I run a Safari snorkel. I didn't want to cut the hood up, the safari enters through the side and I personally think they are neat and tidy. I don't like having to do water crossings, in the long term it takes it's toll on things mechanical and electrical. If you have to do water crossings any snorkel is better than none!

That was amazing

Aldonoward3

Here's a fun clip we took of Honey Badger going though the deep end of Fordyce Creek :D

That's awesome!

We have drain plugs for a reason and Homey Badger knows why! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421046250.929174.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421046267.467655.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421046281.877546.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421046297.397762.jpg

These are a few pics from our Day after Christmas group ride.... Note the silver jk sporting the WAYALIFE hood decal all the way down here in Mobile, AL!

Mastermind

Here was a couple speed passes through a medium height water crossing in the spring with the glacier runoff making it a bit deeper than usual in spots

IMG_0530.jpg IMG_0546.jpg

groovebus

Here is another from the Mojave Rd. water crossing close to Afton Canyon. I wish I had one of my Jeep at the first crossing closer to the campground; it was alot deeper. But I was leading the group so I went first.

Attachments

• JeepWaterCrossing.jpg
    JeepWaterCrossing.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom