Wave from NC

RGolie13

Hello everyone, glad to have found such an active forum.

I am a father of three and new to the Jeep community. I have been looking at jeeps new and old since about 2005. I finally got the go ahead from the wife but she required that it be an unlimited. So I bought a 2013 unlimited sport.

It's a 6 speed and I love it. I am way behind many of you since I only bought it 2 weeks ago. I have read all of the FAQ's and let me first thank the person that went through and added all of that info. My one question so far is.... Is there a breakdown of the order of mods posted anywhere?

I drive a company service truck, so the jeep is for pure recreation, but at the same time I don't want to have to use a ladder for my kids to be able to climb into it for a ride. Also if my wife's car is in the shop she will have to be able to drive it.

I plan to put a 3" suspension lift on it and 35" tires when all is said and done. I didn't factor in the gearing adjustments though. Is that required for mostly road travel and light off road at the start?

Wow well my brain has kicked into overdrive so let me leave it at that and just wave again and say thanks to the forum owner and mods. I look forward to picking your brains.

Rick

Attachments

• image-2862402417.jpg
    image-2862402417.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 17

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome. :standing wave:

Order of mods depends a lot on how you plan to drive it and where. For me it was skids underneath, sliders, then lift and tires. I didn't worry about winch right away because I didn't go out alone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
welcome to wayalife!! we're glad you found us and hope we can help you out. regarding what you should do first, like mtg said, it probably depends on how you plan on using your jeep and what kind of budget you have. for the kind of terrain you have back there, i'm gonna guess you won't be getting yourself into too much rock crawling right off the bat and might go for a lift and tires first and then go from there. :yup:

RGolie13

Thanks for the welcome.

As for what I plan to do with it, I want to stay away from mud holes as much as possible. Just never really interested me. Plan to take it out to Uwharrie national forest and some other trails throughout the Appalachian mountain range. Eventually I want to drive out or trailer out west to some of the red rock's. But nothing really challenging for the first few years, I need to learn myself just as much, as build up my jeep.

Top Bottom