Wave from NW Indiana!

RubiHB

Hi all!

First time Jeep owner. I stopped at a dealer about a month ago and a black 2015 Unlimited Rubicon followed me home. Since I live alone no one was there to tell me I couldn't keep it. One week and 300 miles later it ended up taking me and two friends from near Chicago down to Dirty Turtle ORP in KY where we watched some rock bouncers play. We had time so we gave the JK hell on some trails and climbs. It did all I imagined it would with ease. People looked at me like I was nuts doing it in a new JK Unltd Rubi, but I just smiled a "S" muching grin being happy. I did get several "Hell yeah"s" from some cool folks

I looked at a lot of other forums, but this one seems to be the one for me. Mod it, use it, love it, try not to break it, fix it if it does while laughing about it. No garage queens. I feel at home here. I have a TON on mobile electronic installation experience. I'm also a radio geek so I'm already putting a lot of time into planning out just exactly how I'm going to be putting a CB, VHF/UHF ham radio(s), and big arse Lowrance GPS in the not radio friendly interior and get antennas up and working 100%. I think I got it though after a ton of hours and hundreds of pictures.

I hope to meet up with some of you all on the trails soon. If you live in the Chicagoland, NWI, or Great Lakes area TAKE ME WHEELING. Yeah I'm new, but I'm a quick study that is eager to listen, watch, and learn. My local buddy who does the insane XJ thing is busy a lot like me, so lining up some trips to Badlands in Attica, IN is hard to do. Not really feeling like going it alone so soon yet. Need dem skillz first.

Anyway, looking to be an active member. Wiring and radio questions are welcome, but I have little Wrangler specific knowledge on it for now. I'll get the JK only stuff down real soon.

Bill

Hi all!

First time Jeep owner. I stopped at a dealer about a month ago and a black 2015 Unlimited Rubicon followed me home. Since I live alone no one was there to tell me I couldn't keep it. One week and 300 miles later it ended up taking me and two friends from near Chicago down to Dirty Turtle ORP in KY where we watched some rock bouncers play. We had time so we gave the JK hell on some trails and climbs. It did all I imagined it would with ease. People looked at me like I was nuts doing it in a new JK Unltd Rubi, but I just smiled a "S" muching grin being happy. I did get several "Hell yeah"s" from some cool folks

I looked at a lot of other forums, but this one seems to be the one for me. Mod it, use it, love it, try not to break it, fix it if it does while laughing about it. No garage queens. I feel at home here. I have a TON on mobile electronic installation experience. I'm also a radio geek so I'm already putting a lot of time into planning out just exactly how I'm going to be putting a CB, VHF/UHF ham radio(s), and big arse Lowrance GPS in the not radio friendly interior and get antennas up and working 100%. I think I got it though after a ton of hours and hundreds of pictures.

I hope to meet up with some of you all on the trails soon. If you live in the Chicagoland, NWI, or Great Lakes area TAKE ME WHEELING. Yeah I'm new, but I'm a quick study that is eager to listen, watch, and learn. My local buddy who does the insane XJ thing is busy a lot like me, so lining up some trips to Badlands in Attica, IN is hard to do. Not really feeling like going it alone so soon yet. Need dem skillz first.

Anyway, looking to be an active member. Wiring and radio questions are welcome, but I have little Wrangler specific knowledge on it for now. I'll get the JK only stuff down real soon.

Bill

Hey bill I live here in oak lawn ill south side of Chicago whenever you feel like going up to badlands I'm up for it don't really like going by myself neither.

Welcome. Glad you're giving r.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the life. I've only been to silver lake Mi but had similiar results as yours- I'd try to make a badlands trip happen but realistically a short drive to the cliffs might be easier

I am totally down for a small, or large, group of Chi-town area folks, taking a trip to Da Cliffz. I'd really like to run into some of you fine folks on or off the trail. If anyone throws or knows of any local events please keep me in mind.

Bill

I see the Cliffs are open sat/sun 9-4 for the winter. I had already been talking to a friend about being a co-pilot near the end of the month. We are thinking Dec 21 or 26/27 or Jan 3. A Sunday would work best for me.

Jim

I see the Cliffs are open sat/sun 9-4 for the winter. I had already been talking to a friend about being a co-pilot near the end of the month. We are thinking Dec 21 or 26/27 or Jan 3. A Sunday would work best for me.

Jim

They are closed for the rest of month of December. They might be open this Sunday however. You should check their facebook page.

I go down there often and was there just this past Saturday. It would be nice to see some fellow Wayalifers down there.

That's OK JLSilerJK, I'll keep you on the local list for updates and stuff. Maybe the stars will magically align for some free time before June.

Thanks Rubi, seriously means a lot! I'm trying to become an active member here getiing out and about but this job thing seems to get in the way. Does any one know if the Badlands or Redbird shut down during the Holidayz?

Top Bottom