Wave from Oahu Hawaii

yoyoyeo02

Welcome!! Wish i could get an assignment to Hawaii. Always been top of my dream sheet, but not very many positions for what i do. Oh well, enjoy it while you are there!!

YoYo

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
good deal, will you be stationed or moving here? we have a huge following of jeeps here, real good folks, they will help install anything for some pizza and some beer.

I will be stationed there. I am Army and being stationed at JBPH-Hickam. Good to hear there is a big Jeep following there. I am hoping to hit some good trails while there. SC really doesn't have any decent wheeling.

jkugeza

I will be stationed there. I am Army and being stationed at JBPH-Hickam. Good to hear there is a big Jeep following there. I am hoping to hit some good trails while there. SC really doesn't have any decent wheeling.

make sure you go on your face book page and request to be part of the groups

Oahu jeeps

Oahu jeeps 4 sale

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
no prob, that way before you get here it gives you a good idea of peacock flats and kaena point and the jeepers here:clap2:

Curious, for those of you on Oahu, how hard is it to pass inspection with a lifted, modified Jeep? Any pointers on what I should look out for or 'fix' before heading over there? I heard mud flaps and flare extensions of some sort will be needed to pass inspection. Any truth to that? :idontknow:

SFNick

Curious, for those of you on Oahu, how hard is it to pass inspection with a lifted, modified Jeep? Any pointers on what I should look out for or 'fix' before heading over there? I heard mud flaps and flare extensions of some sort will be needed to pass inspection. Any truth to that? :idontknow:

Well, I lived there for about a year & I failed inspection my first time. You'll definitly need some rear mud flaps & flares that cover the width of the tire. Suspension lifts don't really matter just have to have your Headlights below 53". You gotta have your floor drain plugs in if your not running carpet. If you have a Wayalife banner they might say something about it depending on where you go. Watch out for that island fever. Lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Well, I lived there for about a year & I failed inspection my first time. You'll definitly need some rear mud flaps & flares that cover the width of the tire. Suspension lifts don't really matter just have to have your Headlights below 53". You gotta have your floor drain plugs in if your not running carpet. If you have a Wayalife banner they might say something about it depending on where you go. Watch out for that island fever. Lol

Awesome, great info to know. I'll be getting the EVO mud flaps before we go. Not really sure what I'm going to do about the flares though. From the top of the fender I'm even with the tread. Just the sidewalk tread sticks out about and inch or two. I'm running the BedTread with no drain plugs, I think that should be fine. Looks like I may pick up another windshield banner before I leave too, just in case they make me remove it. So once inspection is passed, do you have to do it again every year or is it one and done?

Last edited:

DA RUNT

Awesome, great info to know. I'll be getting the EVO mud flaps before we go. Not really sure what I'm going to do about the flares though. From the top of the fender I'm even with the tread. Just the sidewalk tread sticks out about and inch or two. I'm running the BedTread with no drain plugs, I think that should be fine. Looks like I may pick up another windshield banner before I leave too, just in case they make me remove it. So once inspection is passed, do you have to do it again every year or is it one and done?

Safety inspection is yearly :grayno: For your first inspection you're going to need a recon inspection since it's modified. I never got one lol, but it's getting harder to get around not having it done. Some inspection stations are more forgiving than others, i've been away over a year so some of what I said may not still be accurate.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Safety inspection is yearly :grayno: For your first inspection you're going to need a recon inspection since it's modified. I never got one lol, but it's getting harder to get around not having it done. Some inspection stations are more forgiving than others, i've been away over a year so some of what I said may not still be accurate.

Damn! So did you have your Jeep there? Curious what everyone is doing for tire coverage. Are they pretty strict? I'm only sticking out about and inch or two from the fender at most. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426602238.732668.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426602264.780829.jpg

jkugeza

To fix that prob you go to home depot and buy plastic garden trim, drill it on to cover the whole tire, do the inspection. Then take it off. They will even tell you that at recon

AJE

One big change in the past year has been pictures, they take pictures of the vehicle at both the Recon and inspection, when you go back for the next inspection and it doesn't match you need a new Recon. If everything matches the picture and discription then it's just another inspection.

Make sure you get a statement of nonresidency if not the cost of registration is crazy. Even if you want to keep your own plates you have to register the vehicle in Hawaii, they then give you a big blue sticker to but on the vehicle.

Jake Wilson

Yea with the inspection you will learn the tricks when you get here. There really is no rush to it. When you get here hit me up. Actually to all my Oahu wayalifer's send me a message on here and I'll give you my number so we can set up some runs here. It'll be a not so official wayalife run, haha.

Top Bottom