Wave from SC

mls0780

Hi everyone! I'm Matt from North Augusta SC. My wife and I just moved there from Augusta GA in March so we are still in the same community (CSRA). I have a 2007 that I bought from a friend in 09 and have loved every minute of owning it.... until about a month ago when I found that if have to replace the motor! We have a 3 year old daughter that loves to go for Jeep rides. Anyway, hello and stay safe out there!

Welcome to WAL from Ohio! Sorry to hear about your engine, but as has been said on this forum, time for an LS!

Welcome to WAL from Ohio! Sorry to hear about your engine, but as has been said on this forum, time for an LS!
I know!! And believe me didn't I try to find a way to make it work! That was /is my long term plan, but as this was sudden I didn't have the jeep fund up to par. It'll happen one day.

Welcome to WAL, I have a 07 with 150K, how many miles did you get out of you engine? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the maintenance up!

Welcome to WAL, I have a 07 with 150K, how many miles did you get out of you engine? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the maintenance up!

I had just over 99K when it became crippled. I drove it for another thousand or so miles while I researched options until i decided just to stay stock. Mine had a bad rear main seal leak that the dealer "couldnt find evidence of". That led to a spun rod bearing **on the way to have the Jeep serviced** I looked into rebuilding it, but the local machine shop wanted 2k just to do the motor. I was tempted to do the LS swap for that amount of money, then I found a great deal on a barely used 07 motor. I have seen on other forums, people get 180k- 200k+ and others only get 100K. Mine must have been from the lemon factory!

Top Bottom