WAYALIFE EXCLUSIVE : Carrichs iPad Mini Dash Mount Special Pricing!

Jmjnewbold

Can you charge the ipad mini while it's in the mount? Doesn't look to be possible from the videos and images I can see. Also, are we certain that the ipad mini 4 won't work in this mount?

jms632

For those wondering about compatibility with other model tablets I took a few photos. It looks like the iPad mini 1,2,and 3 are indeed the only ones that will fit.

IMG_0655.JPG

Here is an iPad mini 4 IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0666.JPG

It's just a little too long to fit

Here is an att trek 2 8" tablet IMG_0663.JPG IMG_0662.JPG

It's too long and not wide enough to fit

Samsung galaxy tab e 8"

IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0661.JPG

Again way too long and not wide enough

Here is an lg g pad x 8.0

IMG_0656.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jms632

Can you charge the ipad mini while it's in the mount? Doesn't look to be possible from the videos and images I can see. Also, are we certain that the ipad mini 4 won't work in this mount?

You can take the iPad out fairly easy but I usually just pull the whole mount off as it is easier. And the iPad mini 4 is a no go. It's close but a little too wide and def too long to fit

Jmjnewbold

You can take the iPad out fairly easy but I usually just pull the whole mount off as it is easier. And the iPad mini 4 is a no go. It's close but a little too wide and def too long to fit

Yeah I totally looks like it would be easy to pull out. ;) Just wondering if I could charge it while in the mount.

jms632

Yeah I totally looks like it would be easy to pull out. ;) Just wondering if I could charge it while in the mount.

Hahah sorry I misread that. Yeah you can easily charge it in the dock. It has a flap that opens to give you access. But there is plenty of room under there to hide a charger if needed

Jmjnewbold

Hahah sorry I misread that. Yeah you can easily charge it in the dock. It has a flap that opens to give you access. But there is plenty of room under there to hide a charger if needed

Thanks for the info! I would assume you could use a cable and plug in a GPS doggle to a wifi ipad just the same as you could a charging cable.

Jmjnewbold

Well I'm not an electrical engineer but there are a couple of hurdles to overcome. The keeps gps antenna provides signal to the headunit through a coaxial cable. There's no input for this type of connection directly to the iPad. At best you could plug the antenna into a dongle that could transmit the signal via Bluetooth or wifi which seems a lot more trouble and expensive then just purchasing a $20-30 gps dongle. Unless there's is an adapter that goes from lightning to coax and there is an app to support the connection I don't see how it could be pheasable.

So, you mentioned two GPS dongles, and above mention a 20-30 buck GPS dongle. What GPS or GLONASS dongle do you know of that is 20-30 bucks? The dual is around $90, and the garmin around $100.

jms632

There are several different brands in that price range. Those two are just ones that I am familiar with that have a good reputation.

Here's one for instance.

IMG_0670.JPG

2011jk

I checked the measurements of the ipad mini 3 its 7.87 x 5.3 x 0.29
The Galaxy Tab S2 7.82" x 5.31" x 0.22"

Sure seems it should fit...

If not they will be coming out with a tab version they said just no eta

jms632

I checked the measurements of the ipad mini 3 its 7.87 x 5.3 x 0.29
The Galaxy Tab S2 7.82" x 5.31" x 0.22"

Sure seems it should fit...

If not they will be coming out with a tab version they said just no eta

Sorry I didn't have an s2 to try out for you. I'll see if I can get my hands on one. I work for a tech company so I handle tons of electronics throughout the day

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom