WAYALIFE Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip 2015

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those tires are so small. :crazyeyes:

LOL!! These tires will save us some gas :crazyeyes:

Truth be told, we still have 2 of the 40's that just won't hold air. They are leaking bad all along the rings. Gonna pull them apart - again - and see if there's anything we can do to help get them to seal. We'll have to get to them after this trip.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Truth be told, we still have 2 of the 40's that just won't hold air. They are leaking bad all along the rings. Gonna pull them apart - again - and see if there's anything we can do to help get them to seal. We'll have to get to them after this trip.

Sucks that happened. Good luck with the fix after the trip and have fun!

SierraSilver

I'm seriously considering this trip!! My son would totally enjoy the rock hounding, but having 2 Nevada trips 2 weeks apart doesn't leave much time to make sure the rig is ready!

nelsone

rotopax questions

So in regards to the rotopax. Is there a way to mount them on a stock spare carrier with a 35" sitting on it? What other options do I have for caddying extra fuel with a stock rear? Any thoughts? I'm guessing there is going to be no way to get extra fuel carrier by this weekend.

MTG

Caught the Bug
So in regards to the rotopax. Is there a way to mount them on a stock spare carrier with a 35" sitting on it? What other options do I have for caddying extra fuel with a stock rear? Any thoughts? I'm guessing there is going to be no way to get extra fuel carrier by this weekend.

Northridge can get them out in time. 4wheelparts has them too if there's one nearby.

Edit: Also check local ATV stores.

Last edited:

getoverit

Dang, looks like a fun trip! Wish we could make this one too but I guess we can't make them all! Have fun and good luck gem hunting!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just an update everyone. It looks like the weather forecast is still calling for a chance of showers through Sunday. Granted, they've also been predicting 80% of rain everyday this week but we literally haven't seen a drop. That being said, we are still going to do this run rain or shine as it'll most likely be nothing if it actually does rain. Another bit of news is that MTG called the state park and found out that there are no fires allowed. Because of that and the fact that this is supposed to be one of their busiest weekends, we will most likely just meet up in Berlin at noon on Saturday and then find a backcountry camp site outside of the park.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

JeepFan

Hooked
Just an update everyone. It looks like the weather forecast is still calling for a chance of showers through Sunday. Granted, they've also been predicting 80% of rain everyday this week but we literally haven't seen a drop. That being said, we are still going to do this run rain or shine as it'll most likely be nothing if it actually does rain. Another bit of news is that MTG called the state park and found out that there are no fires allowed. Because of that and the fact that this is supposed to be one of their busiest weekends, we will most likely just meet up in Berlin at noon on Saturday and then find a backcountry camp site outside of the park.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Wouldn't be the first time we've camped in rough weather...Looking forward to this trip! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't be the first time we've camped in rough weather...Looking forward to this trip! :yup:

LOL!! No my friend, no it wouldn't. At least it isn't snow we'd be getting too. I think we'll be fine but wanted to make sure everyone knew just in case they wanted to back out. Should be a lot of fun :yup:

big dr

Hey Eddie,,, a trick we use for sealing up sand tires in Glamis is to mix a lot of starch with a little bit of water and pour it into the tire. we usually pull the valve out of the stem, then drill a similar size hole in the cap of a small water bottle, mix the concoction, then squeeze the mixture into the valve stem. the starch will dry in all the tiny leaking spots and seal it. Not sure if you have done this before, but it usually works.

Trail JK

Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and testing out some new camping gear! 👍

Unfortunately we will not be able to make it this weekend as planned. We had some unforeseen home life stuff come up. Total bummer. :/

Have a great trip all!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately we will not be able to make it this weekend as planned. We had some unforeseen home life stuff come up. Total bummer. :/

Have a great trip all!

Bummer. :grayno:

Of course, I keep waiting for something to blow up at work myself. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Have a great trip all!

I really am sorry to hear that. I hope you guys can get things figured out quickly.

nelsone

will there still be a group meeting on Friday? If so, could you send me the location? I was planning on heading over on Friday (from the bay area).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
will there still be a group meeting on Friday? If so, could you send me the location? I was planning on heading over on Friday (from the bay area).

Sorry about that, I wasn't sure you were wanting to drive the extra distance. Cindy and I are meeting up with the people coming up from SoCal in Tonopah. We are staying at the Mizpah but there are other hotels in town too. If you're willing, you can meet up with us there tomorrow.

nelsone

No worries. That's understandable. I don't really pay attention to distances sometimes. 😊 isn't everything just over the next hill?

Let me map it out and see how much more it is and figure out a plan.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. That's understandable. I don't really pay attention to distances sometimes.  isn't everything just over the next hill?

Let me map it out and see how much more it is and figure out a plan.

Sounds good. MTG is going directly out to Berlin so if that works out better, you might be able to meet up with him.

Top Bottom