WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

SergJKURhino

After making some real headway on Emma, I decided to work on Moby and replace his clock spring. Bing that we've been getting an airbag light and chime on and off and on again, I really needed to get this thing fixed.

When all was said and done, I took Moby out on a test drive and........
View attachment 203829

WTF!!! [emoji35]

Took everything apart, checked all the connections but still have an intermittent air bag light coming on. Gave all the connection under the passenger seat a check and at least at a glance, everything looks good. Totally sucks especially being that I just spent all this time and money on a whole lot of nothing. Also, I can totally deal with another Christmas tree light but the chime is going to drive me nuts!

Did you ever get this addressed? I read through all the following posts and hadn't seen a solution. Curious what the issue is/was as this is happening to me now, and I have an appointment to take it in for the same thing (for the second time).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ever get this addressed? I read through all the following posts and hadn't seen a solution. Curious what the issue is/was as this is happening to me now, and I have an appointment to take it in for the same thing (for the second time).

Unfortunately, no. I replaced the clock spring and I still get the light coming on every now and then. If I could guess, there might be a wiring issue at the accelerometer under the passenger seat. I am way out of warranty and really, wouldn't want a dealership to work on my Jeep anyway being that I run an LS. I yanked my chime a while ago so I don't hear it go off all the time.

SergJKURhino

Unfortunately, no. I replaced the clock spring and I still get the light coming on every now and then. If I could guess, there might be a wiring issue at the accelerometer under the passenger seat. I am way out of warranty and really, wouldn't want a dealership to work on my Jeep anyway being that I run an LS. I yanked my chime a while ago so I don't hear it go off all the time.

Would it be a fair assessment to say that most off-road enthusiasts ride around with airbags disabled? I wonder what the percentage of wheelers have disabled airbags (either deliberately or incidentally) considering the potential of bumping into things pretty hard.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be a fair assessment to say that most off-road enthusiasts ride around with airbags disabled? I wonder what the percentage of wheelers have disabled airbags (either deliberately or incidentally) considering the potential of bumping into things pretty hard.

No. Or at least, not in my opinion. I don't have a problem with my airbags being on and have never seen it be a problem - well, except for maybe the side impact bags as I have seen them go off once but other than that, nothing. If I could fix my problem easily, I would.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's UP with WAYALIFE : Cindy & Eddie's Photos on the GO!!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... [emoji319]

20161209210552-99f32959-me.jpg

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Top Bottom