WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

It's a crush sleeve that is surrounded by metal bushings with very tight tolerances.

20170204162024-2426ea84.jpg

And here's a close up of the bushing.

20170212110219-6329fa12.jpg

#notavailableatwallmart

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Front drive shaft rebuilt and balanced! Love working with my local driveline shop - affordable and with fast turnaround times :thumb:

20170212110138-18f6f99d.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Front drive shaft rebuilt and balanced! Love working with my local driveline shop - affordable and with fast turnaround times :thumb:

20170212110138-18f6f99d.jpg
We have one here in Hesperia that I like to use too. Only uses spicer and charges $20 plus parts to do a complete rebuild. That's who I had rebuild my front with the squeak and rear that grenaded. He also builds drive shafts for many off road race trucks and ultra 4 cars so I figure he knows what he's doing. Plus I love to support local businesses.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same here
Question Eddie was it obvious that the cantilever was bad or did you have to find it to figure out that it was bad?
Short term do you think you could've have driven Moby longer like that and not noticed the bad cantilever

Oh, I've known something was off for a bit, I just was too busy wheeling and working on other Jeeps to address it. First sign of something being wrong was obnoxious squeaking that we'd get from time to time. That alone was a red flag but even after giving things a thorough visual inspection, it was difficult to spot. I had planned on taking things apart but just kept putting it off until I started to hear an occasional clunk. That's when I started to look harder and noticed the passenger side cantilever arm leaning in a bit.
20170204162036-c3e6ce04.jpg

It might be hard for some to see but upon a closer look, I could totally see that the bushing was blown.
20170204162040-b732bb41.jpg

Even after knowing the bushing was blown, I still added another 1,000 miles or so with some hard high speed wheeling in between. So, to answer your question, yes, I could have driven Moby longer but I definitely knew the arm was bad. :crazyeyes:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Oh, I've known something was off for a bit, I just was too busy wheeling and working on other Jeeps to address it. First sign of something being wrong was obnoxious squeaking that we'd get from time to time. That alone was a red flag but even after giving things a thorough visual inspection, it was difficult to spot. I had planned on taking things apart but just kept putting it off until I started to hear an occasional clunk. That's when I started to look harder and noticed the passenger side cantilever arm leaning in a bit.
20170204162036-c3e6ce04.jpg

It might be hard for some to see but upon a closer look, I could totally see that the bushing was blown.
20170204162040-b732bb41.jpg

Even after knowing the bushing was blown, I still added another 1,000 miles or so with some hard high speed wheeling in between. So, to answer your question, yes, I could have driven Moby longer but I definitely knew the arm was bad. :crazyeyes:

Wow that's really interesting to know all this information about it
Thank you Eddie for sharing that with me really cool learning about suspension components in this manner can't wait to see how everything turns out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh shit, what did he break?

LOL!! Neutral safety switch went out. It was the original one that came with the Jeep back in 97 and I had rebuilt it once a few years back but this time I think it's done.

hopefully it's a quick fix!

It was quick enough. Probably the longest part of the job was taking a drive out to Summit to buy a new switch. Sorry about not being able to make it out to your place the day before.

benatc1

Hooked
LOL!! Neutral safety switch went out. It was the original one that came with the Jeep back in 97 and I had rebuilt it once a few years back but this time I think it's done.

It was quick enough. Probably the longest part of the job was taking a drive out to Summit to buy a new switch. Sorry about not being able to make it out to your place the day before.
that's doesn't sound to bad, and no worries man!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Since we had everything apart, we decided to clean up and repaint the EVO Lever frame.
20170214200943-5c467fe4.jpg

Got the new cantilever arms installed.
20170214201032-86d559a6.jpg

And, since we're still waiting on parts from King, I decided to use the time to service the differential.
20170214194542-31f50c75.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that must have been a lot of work but it looks fantastic now. [emoji106]

Thanks. It has been a lot of work. Getting the new cantilever arms installed was especially a bitch. At this point and time, I just want to get Moby back on the ground again and hope my King parts come in today.

Top Bottom