What did Brown Santa show up with today..

jdofmemi

These D rings are nice. I bought four but somehow only two were 3/4 once, the other two are 1/2 i think. Have to get another pair
Unless they are too small for what you are hooking up, 1/2" is plenty strong for anything you can ever do with your Jeep.

Gear rated for winching has a 2:1 safety factor. 10,000# rating means 20,000# minimum breaking strength.

D rings are rated for overhead lifting, which carries a minimum 5:1 safety factor, so a 10,000# rated piece has a minimum breaking strength of 50,000#+

The commonly used synthetic winch lines have a minimum breaking strength in the 22-24,000# range.

In other words, the 1/2" steel shackle is commonly still stronger than your cable.

Andy5160

Hooked
Unless they are too small for what you are hooking up, 1/2" is plenty strong for anything you can ever do with your Jeep.

Gear rated for winching has a 2:1 safety factor. 10,000# rating means 20,000# minimum breaking strength.

D rings are rated for overhead lifting, which carries a minimum 5:1 safety factor, so a 10,000# rated piece has a minimum breaking strength of 50,000#+

The commonly used synthetic winch lines have a minimum breaking strength in the 22-24,000# range.

In other words, the 1/2" steel shackle is commonly still stronger than your cable.
Very nice clarification.
Thank you. I learned something new

Bear_JT

Hooked
Why would you need rotors? How long did you have originals?
I’ve had them going on two years now. My originals on the rear are starting to get some waves in them. When I talked to Dynatrac, the salesman told me they had been out of stock for a while so I figured I’d get them just in case.

Top Bottom