What did Brown Santa show up with today..

New links to replace the rears which are to short..and a better pic of rhino [emoji16]View attachment 353513View attachment 353514

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Jeep is looking awesome!
Rock lights showed up today. Thanks Eddie for the discount code. [emoji106]View attachment 353563

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nice, I just got mine installed, super simple just takes time to run wires but I love the magnet feature

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mopar half door tracking numbers are in.

OK so I'm jumping the gun. But I'm so damn excited I finally got my tracking number for my recent order of Mopar Half Doors..:clap2: Have a few questions.
Anyone have the power locks on their half doors?
Could someone post pictures of the interior panels? Front and rear.
Should I just remove the power latches from the full doors? (probably will never put them back on)
If I buy new power lock latches what all would I need?
I have a Bestop Glide will the uppers fit as is? Hoping they match color and fabric.
Thanks in advance.:thumb:

Last edited:
Your good. I Still have my black diamond doors and a twill top. Eventually, I’ll order the twill uppers, but the are pricy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

If you apply a good protectant it helps the doors blend in some.

Damn, those twill uppers ARE pricey as hell. $650 for the fronts alone :icon_crazy: Probably do that over the Winter. Save the black diamond doors for the wheeling trips & let them take the brunt of the beating with the mud & dirt.

Damn, those twill uppers ARE pricey as hell. $650 for the fronts alone :icon_crazy: Probably do that over the Winter. Save the black diamond doors for the wheeling trips & let them take the brunt of the beating with the mud & dirt.

Yeah, they’re ridiculously pricey for what they are.

I run my full doors half the year anyway thru the winter and I rarely have the back panels on the twill top on in the summer and you can’t tell they don’t match. So for me it was never warranted.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Have you looked at the Bestop Core Door uppers? I’ve seen them between $500-$550. Still an awful lot but the black diamond / twill mismatch drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran mine on a single for 5 years. Just need to drive the jeep every couple of days or put it on a maintainer

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good to know.. my Jeep is not a daily so I’d only use it for multiple day trips... otherwise it will be a garage fridge.

Yeah, they’re ridiculously pricey for what they are.

I run my full doors half the year anyway thru the winter and I rarely have the back panels on the twill top on in the summer and you can’t tell they don’t match. So for me it was never warranted.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

If my uppers were in better shape I would probably not care so much. I just bought a polishing kit so I'll see how good I can make them look.

the black diamond / twill mismatch drives me nuts.

Yeah, I'm there too. I can't stand it when shit doesn't match.

If my uppers were in better shape I would probably not care so much. I just bought a polishing kit so I'll see how good I can make them look.

Yeah, I'm there too. I can't stand it when shit doesn't match.

The gel I used on my doors really did work well so there is hope. My doors were faded and had mud stains that wouldn’t come off. It’s just getting the doors back to a new black diamond look didn’t turn them into twill.

Adjustments.JPG

OK so I'm jumping the gun. But I'm so damn excited I finally got my tracking number for my recent order of Mopar Half Doors..:clap2: Have a few questions.
Anyone have the power locks on their half doors?
Could someone post pictures of the interior panels? Front and rear.
Should I just remove the power latches from the full doors? (probably will never put them back on)
If I buy new power lock latches what all would I need?
I have a Bestop Glide will the uppers fit as is? Hoping they match color and fabric.
Thanks in advance.:thumb:

Mine have power locks. Prior owner installed them. You should be able to use the electric locks and wiring harnesses from your full doors, but swapping the stuff is a PITA. Otherwise, to make the doors electric, you’ll need to buy the electric locks and the wire harnesses. There are two versions of the front door harness. One with an 8 prong plug and one with a 14 prong plug. I think the former is for 2010 and earlier and the latter is for 2011 and later. Whenever jeep added electric and heated mirrors is when they changed the harness. Of course, you need the plug in the Jeep too. If your jeep has electric locks and windows from the start, the plug will be there. Otherwise you’ll just have a two prong plug for the door ajar sensor, which won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
Mine have power locks. Prior owner installed them. You should be able to use the electric locks and wiring harnesses from your full doors, but swapping the stuff is a PITA. Otherwise, to make the doors electric, you’ll need to buy the electric locks and the wire harnesses. There are two versions of the front door harness. One with an 8 prong plug and one with a 14 prong plug. I think the former is for 2010 and earlier and the latter is for 2011 and later. Whenever jeep added electric and heated mirrors is when they changed the harness. Of course, you need the plug in the Jeep too. If your jeep has electric locks and windows from the start, the plug will be there. Otherwise you’ll just have a two prong plug for the door ajar sensor, which won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks. Yes I already have power windows, locks and heated mirrors. I did buy the harness they suggested for the mirrors. I was checking out the power latches online. They are not terribly expensive, but x4 they get pricy. The thing I like about them is you don't have to reach over and unlock everybody's door.:yup: Could you post a picture of the door panel. Curious how the lock/unlock switch is set up. Thanks

I added power everything to my half doors basically what you need is to go look at your Jeep check what door harness you have and then find them online. They aren’t cheap but my thought was I already spent a fortune on everything so I’m going to do it right and be done. Once you find out what wire harness you have just pick up power door latch and everything will be plug and play. It’s a super easy install I can post some pictures of my door panels. You also have to cut a hole where the mirror goes to get the wire inside where you want it. IMG_3609.jpg

Top Bottom