What do you pay for a gallon of gas?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
About AU$1.20/litre which is cheap we were paying AU$1.60/litre 6 months ago which translates roughly to US$8.00/gallon! Diesel is always slightly more

Lil Nasty

So its been a couple months since last post.
Western Pa is finally under $2 now - $1.95 this morning.
Erie, Pa is $1.80

Is it free in Texas yet?

If it were it would still be to expensive for my friends who've all lost there jobs due to oil prices. I work in the Gulf producing oil and gas. Times are very hard for a lot of my friends during these times. I'm very fortunate to still have a job and for that I'm also thankful.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If it were it would still be to expensive for my friends who've all lost there jobs due to oil prices. I work in the Gulf producing oil and gas. Times are very hard for a lot of my friends during these times. I'm very fortunate to still have a job and for that I'm also thankful.

I hope all your friends saved up a bunch money when times were good and didn't go out an buy a bunch of toys. Unfortunately that's not usually the case. And it doesn't seem that the price forecast holds much hope for those that work in the industry.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Yeah, we're laying off 300 or so next week. Even if it spikes tomorrow it's not going to save jobs or change anything for awhile.

Luckily I didn't buy toys, just jeeps :)

holliewood61

I feel your plight. Its the same way here in the central Appalachians, but with coal jobs rather than oil. I'm lucky to still have a job making ground support systems for the mines. We've had layoffs that I've been lucky enough to not get caught up in, and have went from 3 shifts with overtime, to 2 shifts, 32 hrs a week. Times are tough, but they tend to get that way on an election year.

$1.68 a gallon here by the way.

Lil Nasty

I hope all your friends saved up a bunch money when times were good and didn't go out an buy a bunch of toys. Unfortunately that's not usually the case. And it doesn't seem that the price forecast holds much hope for those that work in the industry.

You sound like you know some oil field folks. [emoji1] not all of them were so smart. It's the sensible ones that did save that I'm starting to see struggle that hurts my feelings. One of my buddies had six months set aside and finally went through it all. He's selling his house now. This down turn is going to be as bad as the 80's I believe. We'll keep on keeping on.

Ddays

Hooked

I feel your plight. Its the same way here in the central Appalachians, but with coal jobs rather than oil. I'm lucky to still have a job making ground support systems for the mines. We've had layoffs that I've been lucky enough to not get caught up in, and have went from 3 shifts with overtime, to 2 shifts, 32 hrs a week. Times are tough, but they tend to get that way on an election year.

$1.68 a gallon here by the way.

Different industry segment but we're seeing the same here. The Marcellus gas drilling has all but come to a halt in my local area. South and West of Pittsburgh and Southeastern Ohio are still doing OK but they are slow as well. The local trailer hookups that the workers stayed in are all empty. There are site work preparations going on for a cracker plant in a town next to me that may or may not end up being built because of this downturn in production. 5 year project and thousands of construction jobs that would help the area tremendously.

Lil Nasty

Different industry segment but we're seeing the same here. The Marcellus gas drilling has all but come to a halt in my local area. South and West of Pittsburgh and Southeastern Ohio are still doing OK but they are slow as well. The local trailer hookups that the workers stayed in are all empty. There are site work preparations going on for a cracker plant in a town next to me that may or may not end up being built because of this downturn in production. 5 year project and thousands of construction jobs that would help the area tremendously.

Yeah the ripple effects will be felt far and wide. Unfortunately the realization won't come until it's too late.

Ddays

Hooked
Here the fuck we go again. 4 years later and gas prices are sliding fast.

I just paid $1.79 a gallon in Western Pa. Unbelievable. Prices dropped like a rock in a week.

Top Bottom