What do you think is the best tire??

Rollincoal420

View attachment 44554 this is the nitto mud grappler love it ...a little noisey but its the right kinda of buzz, lowered them to 20 psi and they were great took them to 15 psi on some rocks and sand I would buy them again...

Participate in life

I love my mud grapplers! Great on pavement and I love the hum you get from them. Haven't had them off road yet but I'm sure they are amazing

Sent from my iPhone

What kinda of mileage did u guys get out of them?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OJK12

Man I don't know how you guys do it but you all seem to have good luck with the tires that just don't live long around where I live. I love the look of the Nittos and Toyos and the Cooper STT but all of them for what ever reason just barely make it to 20,000 miles. I can't figure out if its the raod conditions, the hills, or just the trails but even when rotated properly and at the correct air pressure they just don't last. The Nitto TG where everywhere at the Carlisle Truck Nationals but I talked to more than one person with them and although they loved them they where not lasting long. One guy had a ram 1500 with them on and there was only 1/4 tread with only 13,000 miles on them. I have the Cooper STT's with 17,000 miles on them and they are down to almost 1/4 of the tread left. Love all these tires just can't figure out why they wear out so quickly. Thinking I need to move, lol!

Spartan

Man I don't know how you guys do it but you all seem to have good luck with the tires that just don't live long around where I live. I love the look of the Nittos and Toyos and the Cooper STT but all of them for what ever reason just barely make it to 20,000 miles. I can't figure out if its the raod conditions, the hills, or just the trails but even when rotated properly and at the correct air pressure they just don't last. The Nitto TG where everywhere at the Carlisle Truck Nationals but I talked to more than one person with them and although they loved them they where not lasting long. One guy had a ram 1500 with them on and there was only 1/4 tread with only 13,000 miles on them. I have the Cooper STT's with 17,000 miles on them and they are down to almost 1/4 of the tread left. Love all these tires just can't figure out why they wear out so quickly. Thinking I need to move, lol!

Yep, think your problems will be solved by moving away from the east cost.

Smokumace

I'm running Toyos and will be lucky to get 30k out of them so don't feel bad not sure what the next set will be the grapplers are $$$

I ran cooper STT's and I only got 6k miles out of them. I did drive on a hard dirt road everyday though, but I got 17k out of a set of nitto mud grapplers on the same road. When I took the STT's off I said I would never buy another pair ever. Now I run trail grapplers hopefully the'll do ok

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I ran cooper STT's and I only got 6k miles out of them. I did drive on a hard dirt road everyday though, but I got 17k out of a set of nitto mud grapplers on the same road. When I took the STT's off I said I would never buy another pair ever. Now I run trail grapplers hopefully the'll do ok

6k on a set of tires? WTF? That can't be right. What PSI were you running?

jmm176

I average around 6k outt of good years on my f350 loaded down work truck....no be. That's driving the 30 miles from shaver lake to Wishon resivoir everyday which is ALL curves....glad the company pays for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

There is no way. I got 60,000 out of a set I had in the past.

rtguy1

you guys must be doing some crazy ass burn outs or something. big trucks, especially with alot of torque eat tires. the heavy front and the long wheel base pushing the front end around kills tires even when rotated properly. my diesel chevy would eat up tires. not in 6k though lol

Rollincoal420

I'm curious to hear what kind of mileage you guys got out of the mud grapplers on a jeep. My only experience w them is on diesel trucks and I know a handful that averaged around 10k, on 3/4 & 1 ton trucks. I'm hoping that would last a bit longer on a 4klbs jeep that don't see a whole lot of road miles

I swear I got 6k miles out of STT's you guys don't understand what I drive on everyday. It's a nasty road that is 3,000 feet in elevation drop in 4 miles and I drove it 3 or 4 times a day 6 days a week. Stt's are pretty soft and the road just took chucks out of them and were done after one year. They weren't on a jeep they were on a dodge ram 1500

Last edited:

jmm176

I swear I got 6k miles out of STT's you guys don't understand what I drive on everyday. It's a nasty road that is 3,000 feet in elevation drop in 4 miles and I drove it 3 or 4 times a day 6 days a week. Stt's are pretty soft and the road just took chucks out of them and were done after one year. They weren't on a jeep they were on a dodge ram 1500

I believe ya because that's what I average on my f350 work truck. That's running the road that goes from shaver lake to Wishon/Courtright resivoirs (where the Dusy trailhead is) daily. I'm sure there are some people here that have driven it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

miguel250r

The company I work for refuses to put any Cooper's at all on our trucks we had a set of H/Ts on a f450 and about half tread they started to egg shape went to bridgstones and no problem after that... I have a couple buddies running the STTs on there 1500 chevys and they would whipe them out ridiculously fast Idk how many miles tho

-sent with hands covered in grease while in a hay feild

miguel250r

I have a set of feirce m/t tires on my duramax and I got about 20,000 on them and look half worn pretty happy with them and decent price tag

-sent with hands covered in grease while in a hay feild

Veetz

I'm curious to hear what kind of mileage you guys got out of the mud grapplers on a jeep. My only experience w them is on diesel trucks and I know a handful that averaged around 10k, on 3/4 & 1 ton trucks. I'm hoping that would last a bit longer on a 4klbs jeep that don't see a whole lot of road miles

So far 2200 miles on them, let's wait and see, hoping for 20000

Participate in life

JK's JK

Banned
I have run a lot if different tires over the years and have to say that Nitto Trail Grapplers or Toyo MTs are the best for what you are looking for. Of all the tires I have run, Goodyear MT/R's have been the worst. Hard to balance, tracks funny and have really weak sidewalls.

I'm looking at these Toyo's and the Nitto tires. I know the Toyo's have a 10 ply but does the Nitto's have the 10 ply. I've gone to both sites and both of them say 3 ply. I'm so confused......
Toyo
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-mt-off-road-maximum-traction-tires
Nitto
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/mudgrappler#overview

I also did notice the Nitto are 86lbs and the Toyo are 93lbs. Thicker walls?

I do have the Toyo's on my jeep currently but I've owned the jeep for 4 weeks now so I don't have much of a option on the matter.

JKpeople

I really like my pro comp extreme mt2 's they are really quit on the road and very capable off road. Just my 2 cents. They are pricey though....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua

I'm looking at these Toyo's and the Nitto tires. I know the Toyo's have a 10 ply but does the Nitto's have the 10 ply. I've gone to both sites and both of them say 3 ply. I'm so confused......
Toyo
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-mt-off-road-maximum-traction-tires
Nitto
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/mudgrappler#overview

I also did notice the Nitto are 86lbs and the Toyo are 93lbs. Thicker walls?

I do have the Toyo's on my jeep currently but I've owned the jeep for 4 weeks now so I don't have much of a option on the matter.

The 3 ply refers to the sidewall and the load range is noted with letters D is 8 ply and E would be 10 ply. I am currently running the Toyo MTs and very pleased with the on and off road perfomance. 10K miles so far. Toyo and Nitto are sister companies, so whatever tire you pick will be a great choice.:beer:

Top Bottom