What does everyone recomend? Twin tube or monotube

In a nutshell, twin tubes are old school hydro shocks. They work well enough for the most part but can have issues with cavitation if you do a lot of high speed driving off road. Also, they tend to be much wider in diameter as they have an inner and an outer cylinder and that can cause issues with it making contact with the frame depending on how it's mounted. Monotubes use an IFP (internal floating piston) to separate the fluid and gas and this allows the valve to operate more responsively and without fading due to cavitation. Monotubes also tend to be a lot narrower and this can be helpful if clearance is an issue. Of course, a good monotube will typically cost a lot more than a twin tube.

Alright i was leaning more towards nitro filled and i dont do high speed driving on or off road. I guess if the twin tubes can come in contact with the frame i should probably get the monotubes. I an see that not being a good thing. Just seeing what yalls opinion was. Thank, I appreciate it:thumb:

Alright i was leaning more towards nitro filled and i dont do high speed driving on or off road. I guess if the twin tubes can come in contact with the frame i should probably get the monotubes. I an see that not being a good thing. Just seeing what yalls opinion was. Thank, I appreciate it:thumb:

I would highly recommend a Rancho 9000.

Top Bottom