What food do you take on the trail?

Dave_g

Always Beef jerky, some times if we plan on going for awhile and taking some time in the middle we bring some beers and sandwiches. Lots of water and some treats for the dog.

MRDON

Day trips - vitamin water, jalapeno chips & manifold burritos.
Over nite- oatmeal,vitamin water, jalapeno chips and pot luck.
Don't forget to vent canned food that you put on manifold!

Nicholas

ok, time for a fat-guy response:
Day Run-
Depending on where we are going, Bravo Burgers or Split a breakfast burrito in the morning with the wife, usually the night before we will pick up a Subway sub for lunch that way we each get what we want. On the way home usually stop at a decent restaurant with the group.

More than one day-
before dinner we put out different salami’s, cheese, crackers, shrimp dip, shrimp cocktail, etc.
then ... we are known to throw down tri-tip, pollo asada & carne asada tacos, mega-burgers, shrimp, chili, etc. with all the fixin’s. In the evening we make apple and pear dumplings over the fire and now that we have an ARB fridge we will be adding ice cream to top the dumplings with. Oh, and we do this all for the entire camp. Its something that “ramin”, “JeepFan”, "Rancho Rubi”, and myself absolutely love to do and makes it so the rest of the camp doesn’t have to mess with it.
For breakfast we do polish sausage, eggs, and potato breakfast burritos and throw in the leftover meat from the night before.

FAT GUYS RULE!!! :rock:

View attachment 19166
I agree, you guys rock!!
I love when Im on the trail or at camp with you guys!

Top Bottom