Attachments

• 1377369936123.jpg
    1377369936123.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 565
  • 1377369953831.jpg
    1377369953831.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 552

Christarp

I've towed a 7' x 12' trailer with 2 quads and about 600 pounds of wood on it before. Don't have any pics of doing it though.

Let me tell you, that was a nightmare to pull on the freeway with stock 4.10 gears and 35's with my automatic 3.8. Any slower than 59 and it would downshift, any faster than 61 and it would downshift, the only way to keep it at 59-61 in overdrive was to drive behind the semis. Ideally I would have kept it out of overdrive, but it would absolutely kill my mileage (down to about 10 mpg as opposed to the 18 (I know, I was amazed too)) that I managed to get that day.

pastorwug

That looks like an awesome set up. Probably a lot more comfortable than a tent on the ground

Bought this on an Ebay auction about 10 years ago, fits my wife and I perfectly, super easy to tow, very light and has everything we need.:thumb:

pastorwug

Is that a marshmallow? :) that actually looks like the perfect size

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Yeah, looks like one huh.
Its actually a Burro, a trailer kit that was delivered by freight to your door in several large pieces and then the purchaser would put it together in his garage. Factory was in Escondido, CA.

Zstairlessone

Yeah, looks like one huh.
Its actually a Burro, a trailer kit that was delivered by freight to your door in several large pieces and then the purchaser would put it together in his garage. Factory was in Escondido, CA.

Do they still make those? That is too cool, seems perfect!

Graywolf

Stuff I've towed

This 4x8 trailer loaded with fire wood and large dead animals.( Deer and Elk) Also this boat. Can do 65 on the highway with either. I'm running 4:10,35's and a 6 sp manual with a 3.6. Loaded or empty I get crap mileage. Sticker said 17 town and 21 highway. My best highway has been 14 and town is 13. go figure. Love the Heep anyway.:D

Attachments

• Macinaw caught 2011 Brett and George 002.jpg
    Macinaw caught 2011 Brett and George 002.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 100_1253.jpg
    100_1253.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 390

pastorwug

Do they still make those? That is too cool, seems perfect!

The Burro Company in Escondido went out of business almost 25 years ago and they sold all of their molds to a business in Mexico. Production stopped and never started again.
There are, or were, three companies that made trailers like these: Casita, Burro and Scamp.
I believe Casita is still in business and they are still producing new trailers - though not in kit form.

Ebay often has all three kinds of 13 foot trailers for sale but they can be pricey as they don't really lose value, perhaps even appreciate some each year.

Great light weight travel trailers that are perfect (13 foot version) for two people.

Top Bottom