What is this Manual Transmission noise?

As stated... my '13 Rubi was in the shop for this exact noise today. Dealer has concluded it's the t-case shifter making the noise and is ordering a new one...part #52060062AG. We'll see if this does it... :sigh:

Please let me know. I have been through the wringer with the dealership and if it fixes your problem I will have to revisit. I told the dealership that when I shifted to 4WD it would go away but they never investigated the T-case even though I requested it.

*update***worse off!!**

Well in an effort to combine two threads here was my first video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWMXp0cPchQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just got the jeep back from the dealer was so happy to get it back and drove right to work, didn't listen to it closely as I was late. Listening to the jeep later I found the same noise I heard before was still there and had gotten worse! Not only that but it had a friend now! The clutch squeals when engaged! Called them back they said they had 3 techs drive the car and heard nothing I responded but u only put three miles on the truck the guy goes silent and says well just in the lot. I think it's BS and they didn't touch it! I wanted to bring it right back they told me I have to wait for a appointment which is the 11th of march I told them so I brought it to u with a trans problem and you had it for 7 days gave it back to me with the same problem and want me to drive it like this for 2 weeks?! The guy responds '' sir you don't have a trans problem, you have a rattle coming from the trans. '' In my book that is a fk-in problem! He tells me we will see u on the 11th. Now with the clutch making noise I'm even more mad/worried they have two more cracks at this before I can file a lemon law what do you guys think? Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6mm3vBoBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ps. anyone in the northern NJ area all the work is being done by the jeep dealer on route 46 west in little falls nj. avoid them. i will be.

Please let me know. I have been through the wringer with the dealership and if it fixes your problem I will have to revisit. I told the dealership that when I shifted to 4WD it would go away but they never investigated the T-case even though I requested it.

Jethro... have you tried leaning on the t-case shifter to quiet this rattle? This definitely quieted my noise which sounded exactly like your video in your OP.

Jethro... have you tried leaning on the t-case shifter to quiet this rattle? This definitely quieted my noise which sounded exactly like your video in your OP.

Yes. I have done this and the noise has gone away after shifting from 4WD to 2WD for short time. Pushing on the shifter has worked part of the time but not always. The dealership did nothing with the transfer case even though I mentioned all this to them.

Well in an effort to combine two threads here was my first video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWMXp0cPchQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just got the jeep back from the dealer was so happy to get it back and drove right to work, didn't listen to it closely as I was late. Listening to the jeep later I found the same noise I heard before was still there and had gotten worse! Not only that but it had a friend now! The clutch squeals when engaged! Called them back they said they had 3 techs drive the car and heard nothing I responded but u only put three miles on the truck the guy goes silent and says well just in the lot. I think it's BS and they didn't touch it! I wanted to bring it right back they told me I have to wait for a appointment which is the 11th of march I told them so I brought it to u with a trans problem and you had it for 7 days gave it back to me with the same problem and want me to drive it like this for 2 weeks?! The guy responds '' sir you don't have a trans problem, you have a rattle coming from the trans. '' In my book that is a fk-in problem! He tells me we will see u on the 11th. Now with the clutch making noise I'm even more mad/worried they have two more cracks at this before I can file a lemon law what do you guys think? Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6mm3vBoBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ps. anyone in the northern NJ area all the work is being done by the jeep dealer on route 46 west in little falls nj. avoid them. i will be.

Dude that sucks. I had the same type of visit at a previous dealership but ultimately the last dealership basically did nothing also.

I already got my lawyer on the horn they have 2 more tries before he files a lemon... i dont want to get rid of the rig but i cant justify buying it for almost 40 and having issues right from the start.

So far so good with the new t-case shifter. Drove home from the dealer and could not recreate the noise as heard in the original post. Will keep an eye on it but right now its quiet !!! Horrayyyyy!!!!

Nice. Please provide any changes. If it stays quite for you I may be heading to the dealer again.

So far so good with the new t-case shifter. Drove home from the dealer and could not recreate the noise as heard in the original post. Will keep an eye on it but right now its quiet !!! Horrayyyyy!!!!

Have you taken it into 4WD and back to 2WD and seen if it stays quite? Also did they say why the shifter was causing the noise?

Have you taken it into 4WD and back to 2WD and seen if it stays quite? Also did they say why the shifter was causing the noise?

Yes ... I did switch into 4wd back into 2wd before i left the dealer. Everything was good And quiet. No explanation as to why the original shifter was rattling... I would assume they don't really know.

As stated... my '13 Rubi was in the shop for this exact noise today. Dealer has concluded it's the t-case shifter making the noise and is ordering a new one...part #52060062AG. We'll see if this does it... :sigh:

Yes ... I did switch into 4wd back into 2wd before i left the dealer. Everything was good And quiet. No explanation as to why the original shifter was rattling... I would assume they don't really know.

Do you happen to know what the part in question is? I've had my Jeep at the dealership for over a month now and even after performing the TSB on my old transmission, they are apparently still getting a noise. They are unsure what the problem is but like you, if I put the t-case into 4WD, the sound goes away. I have to wonder if what fixed your problem will fix mine.

Do you happen to know what the part in question is? I've had my Jeep at the dealership for over a month now and even after performing the TSB on my old transmission, they are apparently still getting a noise. They are unsure what the problem is but like you, if I put the t-case into 4WD, the sound goes away. I have to wonder if what fixed your problem will fix mine.

The t-case shifter that was replaced is part #52060062AG. A guy on your old forum even dug in himself and came to find the cable from the t-case shifter that was a cause of a rattle and came up with his own fix. So whether the source of the rattle is the t-case shifter itself, or the way it's installed at the factory remains in question...but either way...mine is quiet now. Good Luck.

The t-case shifter that was replaced is part #52060062AG. A guy on your old forum even dug in himself and came to find the cable from the t-case shifter that was a cause of a rattle and came up with his own fix. So whether the source of the rattle is the t-case shifter itself, or the way it's installed at the factory remains in question...but either way...mine is quiet now. Good Luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I will contact my dealership today about it.

i believe my noise got worse dropped it off at the dealer monday waiting to hear what they thing is going on but when i dropped it off the clutch when depressed began to click and rattle loudly we will see what they say.

Just thought I would post this here for the record. Here's a short clip we filmed before taking our Jeep to the dealership. This is what we're hearing only, it's gotten a lot worse...

Just thought I would post this here for the record. Here's a short clip we filmed before taking our Jeep to the dealership. This is what we're hearing only, it's gotten a lot worse...

Sound like a Dessel lol

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom