What is wrong with my Jeep

Fuhaxian

I started driving my Jeep and my dashboard goes crazy like they're christmas lights. Can someone explain to me what is going on and how to fix this?

I have no idea what to do, I started driving my Jeep, my dashboard goes crazy and starts flashing everything. It's currently parked outside and it won't start now. Also my key doesn't lock or unlock my Jeep now.

Driving it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmG_gP_i6nU
Trying to turn it on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfkrS2GsY60

I just posted about this during my moab trip. Olram gave me the same advice and it was correct. I had an accessory on the main post which kept it from tightening due to the cone on the nut. Moved it tightened it back down and no more flashing dash.

I attempted to reconnect and tighten down the entire battery. It worked successfully then when I attempted to turn my lights on it started to flash again. Unsure what the issue is going on here

Looks like a voltage/battery issue.
Get you battery checked, and make sure your terminals to the battery are clean.

I went and checked my battery everything is normal, cleaned all the connections to the battery, normal. And to make matters worse, I can't plug the battery back in without the alarm going off. The key doesn't even respond when I try to unlock or lock my Jeep and I can't even crank it because it won't even start.

Check all your grounds. I've gone through this some thing the past month. Mine ended up being a bad ECM. Do NOT buy an aftermarket rebuild if it's your ECM!!!!! I went through two of those and still had issues. Bought a new one and had the dealership program it and I'm back in business.

I had this issue a year ago but it was more attributed to the blinkers being used, the ground wire was loose under my driver seat. I found it by dropping my phone and when I touched it everything went back to normal. I don't know if there's a schematic for all the ground locations but its free to look. Dealer didn't know how to fix it either.

Update:

I went ahead and replace the entire battery for a new one, replaced the negative terminal, the new positive terminal I had wouldn't fit in so I just kept it there. It ran fine for a couple of miles then the symptom started again. I'm so stressed out :C:grayno::grayno::grayno::grayno:

Geeez, I'd be stressed too. Bummer it wasn't a simple fix as in tightening everything down. This was a super annoying problem when mine did this.

check all your grounds, make sure there is no corrosion and that they are all clean grounds. also check the wiring for corrosion on the alternator.

on the 2010 there is a wire connector that's in the area around the alternator and near the engine block, you'll have to get underneath with a light and look for it, make sure it's not corroded or broken.

I think I have the location correct, but it is only visible from underneath.

I'm going to check that location tomorrow when it's bright outside again. Corrosion... Would it happen to be like discoloration of the wires? Sorta green?

I think my best bet at this point if this doesn't work out is to just take it to a shop. Electrical issues are way out of my league and I'm just desperate to get back on the road.

Solved

So I managed to find a solution and fixed the problem.

I can only say this for my Jeep which is a 2010 Jeep Rubicon, if you've experienced issues with your swaybar, i.e. the light flashing, and then something like this happens, make sure you check the connection between the electronic motor. Mine was submerged in water and the connections were getting corroded. Once I unplugged it, everything went back to normal. Jeep started up just like normal. Can't believe that thing was shorting my entire Jeep out.

So I managed to find a solution and fixed the problem.

I can only say this for my Jeep which is a 2010 Jeep Rubicon, if you've experienced issues with your swaybar, i.e. the light flashing, and then something like this happens, make sure you check the connection between the electronic motor. Mine was submerged in water and the connections were getting corroded. Once I unplugged it, everything went back to normal. Jeep started up just like normal. Can't believe that thing was shorting my entire Jeep out.[/QUO

aha! nothing like a bit of corrosion to short out a system. Good you found! :thumb:

I appreciate everyone's feedback, this was probably the worse problem I had with my Jeep since I got it. Electrical, not even once!

150K Miles and still kicking strong. :rock::rock::rock:

I have a friend this happened to. I think he said it had something to do with a short in his alarm system. Do you have a flash cal to check which codes, if any, it's stating can't be cleared?

Edit: just read your post stating that you fixed the issue. Outstanding! I bet that took a lot of stress off!

Top Bottom