What was done to your rig this week?

Good call on the Synergy stuff!

How many miles before replacing the injectors and those seals? Trying to get an idea of what to watch out for on my 3.6 ahead of time - I’m at 77k now.

@jeeeep has the right answer.

I’m at 110,000mi now.

My camshaft position sensor seals started leaking around 90,000 miles. You can replace them without taking the valve cover off if you use a 1” heavy wall deep socket to press the new ones in with. That way they will seat properly. Slide them over the socket with a little grease and then press them into the valve cover. Make sure the bottom ‘lip’ of the gasket is tight all around.

Had a fuel injector fail on a big trip and it sucked. Definitely made me want to change them ahead of time.

@jeeeep has the right answer.

I’m at 110,000mi now.

My camshaft position sensor seals started leaking around 90,000 miles. You can replace them without taking the valve cover off if you use a 1” heavy wall deep socket to press the new ones in with. That way they will seat properly. Slide them over the socket with a little grease and then press them into the valve cover. Make sure the bottom ‘lip’ of the gasket is tight all around.

Had a fuel injector fail on a big trip and it sucked. Definitely made me want to change them ahead of time.
Great info thanks!

Almost forgot…
What’s just as good as a brand new OEM radiator, you might ask?!

JB mother f’in Weld….haha hopefully this lasts for a while. Leak was very small…
View attachment 408753
I've done that repair prior. It will last for awhile but eventually pressure will push it away. Worth it still for a small leak and not having to buy a new rad.
I've used this stuff before in a pinch and it held pretty well for a while. But, like all things, it was only a temporary fix.

I've done that repair prior. It will last for awhile but eventually pressure will push it away. Worth it still for a small leak and not having to buy a new rad.

Good to know it lasted bit.

I've used this stuff before in a pinch and it held pretty well for a while. But, like all things, it was only a temporary fix.

Thanks for the link. I didn’t realize there was a specific epoxy for this. I will probably buy this for round two of patching.

Top Bottom