What was done to your rig this week?

Looks real good Frank! What tool did you use to cut the fenders and did u cut while they were still attached?

Any issues with the Rubi rails and clearance with the 35s?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it rubbed slightly while flexing. I will chop them down this weekend. Not a big deal. The pinch seam came trimmed courtesy of Jeep, so I just need to take about two inches off the back of the rail.

Looks real good Frank! What tool did you use to cut the fenders and did u cut while they were still attached?

Yes I did cut while they were on. I used RubiCrawl's, special "vibrating" tool. Lmao. Seriously RubiCrawl chime in here and talk about that cool handsaw you have. This is the 2nd request regarding that tool.

It made quick work of the chop, I'd say I cut through all four in about 10 minutes. I used a Dremmel cutoff blade on my last JK. It worked fine just burned up a lot of plastic and takes A LOT longer.

Mopar will tell you yes, the dealer will need to program it but I say NO. If you have the fob with the buttons on it you don't need the dealer for anything more than getting the new blank cut. You could probably have a locksmith cut the blank if you want.

The programmer is in the guts behind the buttons of the original key, which you move into the new housing.

Basically, on my jeep, the key blank will turn the vehicle on but then it shuts off after 3 seconds because the anti theft isn't registering the guts of the old key in the new blank.

Put the guts of your old key into the new blanks housing and it registers with your antitheft and all is good

If you use the guts that come with the new blank, it will need programming, I just used my old guts to solve that problem and it works like a champ

Thanks for the info i will give this a shot!

Another grill mod pic. One of the cheapest mods so far. And I like the reversibility factor.
7C0EA169-1391-4D38-BACA-389A39EE2921-383-0000001A6BC9219C_zpscfa0dd04.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366294809.888521.jpg Project Hitch that turned into taking bumper off and cleaning up the back end! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366294874.735182.jpg
During.... Thoughts.... Bumper back on or off?

Top Bottom