What was done to your rig this week?

thanks GCM...i'm gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. I drive at night too much to have such crappy lighting.

Nice! I've been thinking about adding this, but with a superchip already im not so sure I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcpuck, I saw your gift to Mel that he posted on his facebook page. Nice gesture brother :rock: :beer:

I ended up running these same bulbs about a week after I bought my jeep because the stock yellow glow was killing me, it was an improvemtn like you said.....but two years later when I finally got tired of putting off the upgrade to the Trucklite LEDs and pulled the trigger, all I can say is that I had the same reaction as everyone else- HOLY S*%# !! It is still the best $500 dollars I have spent on the jeep, and the prices keep dropping on the Trucklites too :thumb: The Trucklite GEN II lights were so impressive that one of the guys on last years JKX, who was running the JL Speaker HID's, said he was ditching the HID's for the new Trucklites after seeing the performance of everyone elses. Keep saving that coin rtguy1 :thumb:

I am following in your build thread, looks nice :rock:

Thinking of buying the lights because not that easy to see at night with regular headlights. Do you have problems with other drivers putting on high beams when passing you? I get flashed all the time with my stock lights.

Thinking of buying the lights because not that easy to see at night with regular headlights. Do you have problems with other drivers putting on high beams when passing you? I get flashed all the time with my stock lights.

I cannot remember one time that someone has flashed me thinking I was running hi-beams. I literally installed my Trucklites minutes before leaving for last years JKX at about 4:30 in the morning. I used the Project JK write-up for adjusting/aiming headlights at home and have never looked back. :thumb:

My guess is your lights are aimed too high. Nobody has ever flashed me with my truck lites.

Love the bumper! It is built well. Welds are all very nice, bolted right up very easily. No need to relocate the vacuum pump. It will accept the factory fogs with no issues. I bought some new brackets to mount rigors in the same holes. I prefer the look with the stinger for sure. It's nice to be able to see it from the driver seat as well. It lets u know exactly where the tip of your rig is at. Plus I like the added protection it provides driving around la. I assume u are torn between the brawler bar and stinger? Go stinger! I wasn't sure either and finally just said f it.....love my decision

Couple more pics of it for yah

View attachment 39556View attachment 39557View attachment 39555

NICE!!!! ya im def a stinger kinda guy I love the look and for about $200 more then I was looking at I think it would be worth it to get the fogs back and not have to relocate the vacuum pump and also not have to cut the frame rails. Thanks for the info ill def be going this route. you also have the same winch I want.

rtguy; thanks for the report back. I too do quite a bit of night driving so guess I'll sacrifice my first born for the TruckLites someday lol

Is it because they think your lights are not On?

Sent by Pony Express

^ Lol ... I feel that guys pain though, traveling from Midland, TX back home to San Angelo, TX (a 2 hour drive) I got flashed all the time by douchebag oil field workers in their work trucks. I would go from high beams to low beams (where they'd see the transfer from high to low) and they'd still flash me and most would flip their brights on and leave them on. i was so pissed. I wanted to get a train horn that night so I could scare the fuck out of them when they did that. I hate ass holes.

*Edit: oh and I'm stock height and my headlights have not been touched (brand new '13 JK). Unless going from 30" stock tires to 32" tires would seriously move my headlights up that much, and I really doubt that it did, they have no reason to be flashing me.

^ Lol ... I feel that guys pain though, traveling from Midland, TX back home to San Angelo, TX (a 2 hour drive) I got flashed all the time by douchebag oil field workers in their work trucks. I would go from high beams to low beams (where they'd see the transfer from high to low) and they'd still flash me and most would flip their brights on and leave them on. i was so pissed. I wanted to get a train horn that night so I could scare the fuck out of them when they did that. I hate ass holes.

Been down that road. That's when I decided to get these a 50" and 2 rigid duallys. They'll never do that to me again....ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373641467.785152.jpg

-Big E

Lmao DCR JEEP...I am halfway there, I have two wannabe Dually's already ;) I want a lightbar (haven't decided on a size yet) and I want to get another set of my fake Dually's to replace my stock fogs! My goal is to be a friggin Sun coming over a hill hahaha

*Edit: btw that's incredibly illegal to do that and chances are you could get arrested for damn near blinding someone while driving so I'd be super careful when doing so (though I already know I'm probably gonna do it once or twice to an ass hole or two).

Lmao DCR JEEP...I am halfway there, I have two wannabe Dually's already ;) I want a lightbar (haven't decided on a size yet) and I want to get another set of my fake Dually's to replace my stock fogs! My goal is to be a friggin Sun coming over a hill hahaha

*Edit: btw that's incredibly illegal to do that and chances are you could get arrested for damn near blinding someone while driving so I'd be super careful when doing that (though I already know I'm probably gonna do it once or twice to an ass hole.

Yeah that's what you need! When I first got my rigid duallys I thought they were bright then I took it up a notch and my brothers friend hooked me up with a 50" it's like a second sun lol. The only problem is the loud whistlin noise it makes going down the road but you'll get use to it. It's totally worth it! All light bars are light bars they're all bright as hell, no matter what brand it is!

-Big E

Top Bottom