What was done to your rig this week?

Christarp

I hate to be that guy, but it looks like you're going to have clearance issues in the rear now whereas before you would've been fine as the axle will swing back as it gets stuffed up :thinking:

SaddleTramp

Height was the issue, depth isn't to bad, I have the top standing vertical on a furniture dolly and I backup my spare tire into the top :brows: I could probably reclaim another foot or two with some clean up. If I ditch the opener I could hoist it to the ceiling. but the landlord frowned upon that :doh: (Apartment life after divorce yay!:rolleyes2:) A few midnight mods and I will be able to get it in with the top on.

The next question is will it fit with a Stinger on the front.

@QuarterPounderOwnersWithStingers - How far is the tip of the stinger from the top of the Grill?

Branman, here ya go, looks like 24" for front q-pounder w/stinger.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?18368-Overall-JK-lengthy-with-EVO-bumper-amp-tire-carrier

Got my CB done and new Alpine deck mostly done... Hopefully I'll get it done this week after work. Just a little more work on the dash bezel, a little primer and paint.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408322451.574493.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408322516.188053.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408322539.860669.jpg

I can't wait to get this project done :)

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Last few weekends I've been getting lots of stuff done done.

Sway bar quick discomnects: converted the sway bar links on my TeraFlex leveling kit to be quick disconnects with their piece parts. My frame gets in the way of the sway bar so I have to grind it down a couple mm so it can rotate all the way. Our last run I just zip tied them out of the way.

CB: Cool tech Gate mount with 3' Firefly and a Cobra 19 Ultra III. Got it tuned yesterday and tested it with my dad's new CB.

Stereo: Alpine components up front, coaxials in the rear and 8" sub in the back powered by a Precision Power 5 channel amp. Sounds great and the box doesn't take up too much room in the rear. I plan to cut the rear cubby door so that I can still open it with the sub sitting on top of it. Then I'll have minimal space lost and still get the sound I want.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RickyI

Casper "the ghost" got a face lift, :)

This weekend Casper got a Teraflex 1.25 body lift and a Cobra 25 CB w/ a 3' Firefly installed. Then we added our Wayalife decals to him!
Not much, but enough to have fun!
IMG_3195.2014-08-16_011029.jpg IMG_3196.2014-08-16_024301.jpg

Ricky

And the almost final product... I'm going to respray the piece to get the color a little closer to stock... its just a little darker than it should be and then I'll re-clear it with matte... I forgot to pick that up today.

Photo Aug 18, 7 31 13 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 18, 7 57 26 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Aug 18, 7 31 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 18, 7 31 36 PM.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 404

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
For most it is not needed. When the axle shifts(with large droop on one side and full stuff on the other in a lifted Jeep) the shock gets close and can sometimes hit the frame. So in the case of this contact, it's purpose is to relocate the shock further outward on the axle to create shock body clearance at the frame.

Ok cool, thank you so much for the info, much appreciated! :thumbs:

Armydog

DRIVE SHAFT INSTALLED. Factor 55 installed. When the synthetic line get here I'll put on the CMN custom engraved fair lead. Hopefully the new shitty built remote will allow me to milk some more time out of this winch....
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408453401.790051.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408453414.541322.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Finished my arb compressor install beneath the front passenger seat. The wiring and switch it is the glove box.

2014 JKUR

Attachments

• 1408480794204.jpg
    1408480794204.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 1408480807638.jpg
    1408480807638.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 1408480817590.jpg
    1408480817590.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 315

RickyI

the only purpose of a body lift is to add clearance for tires without a suspension lift. Has no improvement on handling

Thanks Chris!
I just wanted a little more room for the flex without having to cut the fenders yet..... so far, so good..... we are in the south, so lots of muddy trails and no big rocks....

Ricky

hlax2525

Finally got a gopro!! :D:beer:

Congrats, they are a great camera. I had one and used it for snowboarding , and winter snow rides on the quad. Just a heads up if you plan on using it under water at all, make sure to triple check your housing or to get a water specific housing, as that is how I lost mine. GoPro did get me a refund, but they said that there have been many problems with water in the case with the 3+

Top Bottom