What was done to your rig this week?

jelliott076

Good luck with your swap Josh! Do you have a build thread? If not, you better get one started for this new engine. :)

Hey bud, as soon as they get this thing going I will get a thread going for sure. Won't be quite like Supersizing Moby but it will be pretty cool.

Shit that sucks but is awesome at the same time! Like Moochie said if you don't have a build thread for the swap you better get one started

Yeah, the suck part is the amount of money I will be pissing away. The cool part will be getting the power back that I've lost. The end result will be like getting a new JK for $6500ish.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
for the past year i have had by CB mounted with a make shift bracket i put together from spare hardware. i thought it was time to finally do it correctly so i got the CB mounted with Rugged Ridge bracket.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016645.124709.jpg

I also had some time to work on the track bar which I have been meaning to do since I got my jeep. Whoever installed it did a poor job because it came into contact with the bracket. you can see when the collar use to contact the bracket.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016947.559928.jpg

Now that I fixed the problem I am hoping I didn't create a new one....

With the collar turned around and not contacting the bracket am I going to run into any problems with the bolt or collar contacting the steering stabilizer when articulating?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016893.340569.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449016970.762386.jpg

I might be able to turn it a so the bolt is pointing up a little more but wanted to get some feed back.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
for the past year i have had by CB mounted with a make shift bracket i put together from spare hardware. i thought it was time to finally do it correctly so i got the CB mounted with Rugged Ridge bracket.

View attachment 175876

I also had some time to work on the track bar which I have been meaning to do since I got my jeep. Whoever installed it did a poor job because it came into contact with the bracket. you can see when the collar use to contact the bracket.

View attachment 175877

With the collar turned around and not contacting the bracket am I going to run into any problems with the bolt or collar contacting the steering stabilizer when articulating?

View attachment 175878
View attachment 175879

I might be able to turn it a so the bolt is pointing up a little more but wanted to get some feed back.

That's funny I have the same CB and bracket. How do you like the bracket? Iv had to re enforce the bracket for mine because the CB is so heavy it will raddle a lot.

highoctane

Caught the Bug

You might be ok with the clamp at that position. Only real way to tell is to flex the passenger side tire up to see if it contacts.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would flip the stabilizer around to add more clearance for the bolt/clamp. Only way to really tell if it will hit tho is to test the articulation.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
That's funny I have the same CB and bracket. How do you like the bracket? Iv had to re enforce the bracket for mine because the CB is so heavy it will raddle a lot.

So far it has been fine and no noise. but my commute to work is only 7 miles and on the highway. so things might change over time or when im on rough roads.
How did you re-enforce the bracket?

You might be ok with the clamp at that position. Only real way to tell is to flex the passenger side tire up to see if it contacts.

i have no way of testing the flex in my driveway. will have to find something i can flex on and that can be difficult in my area.

I would flip the stabilizer around to add more clearance for the bolt/clamp. Only way to really tell if it will hit tho is to test the articulation.

flipping the stabilizer where? under the tie rod?

rangerry21

Finally got these flush mount reverse lights mounted into the bumper. Gotta say, with tinted windows, makes a HUGE difference in ability to see at night!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449148173.998499.jpg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So far it has been fine and no noise. but my commute to work is only 7 miles and on the highway. so things might change over time or when im on rough roads.
How did you re-enforce the bracket?

i have no way of testing the flex in my driveway. will have to find something i can flex on and that can be difficult in my area.

flipping the stabilizer where? under the tie rod?

I made another bracket that attaches to that mount and clams on to the rear view mirror arm. It's not a permanent think but man it has no movement now what so ever that thing is so sturdy now.

colo dean

Decided it was time to change the look of the front end. Chopped the bumper off and re-used the factory ends. Didn't have any door trim around so for now used some split loom for wiring to cover up the cut ends.
20151204_162451_zpsgfve3fgg.jpg
20151204_162510_zpsdlo46r9t.jpg
Next thinking about chopping the fenders but cant really afford the 35's yet so may hold off since I think it might look a bit out of place with stock rubber

my_jk

Finally got rid of the factory headlights and installed some truck-lites. What a difference I wish I have done this a long time ago.

unnamed.jpg

AirborneJK

Decided to stubby the front bumper, I skipped out on cutting the plastic and just ran the steel frame. Painted it with bed liner. Also ditches the rear bumper and spare tire carrier/ bumper. I ended up bed lining the back as well but forgot to get a picture of the end result. Should hold me over for awhile. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449346339.381236.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449346356.630677.jpg

Top Bottom