What was done to your rig this week?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got my skins done on driver side this weekend. I have all the holes drilled and nutserted on passenger side but I'm freaking tired and ready for some sleep. This has been a job and I'm a novice so it's been really fun learning on my own Jeep. I should have the passenger side panels on tomorrow after work and then it's time to mock up the tire carrier. Once that's done it will be off to paint then installed for the last time. I also installed the J.W. Speaker headlights, Rugged Ridge aluminum hood latches, and a Trextop NX this weekend. Got my reverse lights installed to their location also, Rigid Industries A-Series cool white. Saving the wiring job for last.

View attachment 243932 View attachment 243933

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i don't think i have seen the corners pushed into the body that tight where that bracket is before. any special tricks you did?

Defcon3JKU

i don't think i have seen the corners pushed into the body that tight where that bracket is before. any special tricks you did?

Ratchet strap, 2x4, a good persuasion hammer, and c clamps. Also I started from the gas hole cut out driver side and started from tailgate passenger side. This worked best on getting everything tight. It also helped to work 2 holes at a time.

Rb1boxer_3

Ratchet strap, 2x4, a good persuasion hammer, and c clamps. Also I started from the gas hole cut out driver side and started from tailgate passenger side. This worked best on getting everything tight. It also helped to work 2 holes at a time.

Nice last time I did mine I had a finger gap or bigger. Hopefully this next time it looks good as yours.

Out in the Boonies

Defcon3JKU

Nice last time I did mine I had a finger gap or bigger. Hopefully this next time it looks good as yours.

Out in the Boonies

Thanks for the compliment. It was my first time ever doing anything like this so I just took my time with every piece. Don't rush it and you'll do just fine. Don't drill or punch a hole until the fender is exactly where you want it. I have no gap behind my corners at all at the top. I hope the tire carrier hinges bring the bottom all the way in.

White Russian

Draglink, Wheel Bearings SLP Camber Shims, Powder Coat Poison Spider Rockers, Install new 37" Cooper SST Pros and Wheels TBD tomorrow I was going to mount the coopers to my AEV wheels but decided to get new wheels too....

Top Bottom