What was done to your rig this week?

CalSgt

Hooked
Damn, that sucks. I had a slightly worse dent in my JL & the body shop wanted $2500 for a cash deal. I ended up spending about $400 on a replacement rear fender and liner and $50 for a body shop to mix half pint of matching basecoat. I had bondo, primer, and clear left over from other projects.

RCC

Damn, that sucks. I had a slightly worse dent in my JL & the body shop wanted $2500 for a cash deal. I ended up spending about $400 on a replacement rear fender and liner and $50 for a body shop to mix half pint of matching basecoat. I had bondo, primer, and clear left over from other projects.

I knew it was a case of when not if. I’m debating shortening the bed vs fixing it.

Sgt_USMC

Coolant flush, engine oil, diff oil front and rear, and ordered OPDA. Getting trans filter/gasket tomorrow, pick up OPDA tomorrow (hopefully), need to pickup some aluminum square stock so I can adjust my toe and get the smog test done.

Sgt_USMC

Try a couple of cheap levels from Home Despot.
I just got home from HD and saw this! 🤣 The 96x1x1/20 aluminum square stock cost me $21. That reminds me, I do need to get a couple of levels while I’m in Fl. I no doubt will have some work to do. 🤬

GP NOIR

Hooked
Removed the front & rear bumper plastic covers, installed an ARB compressor, built a four tire inflator/deflator system, installed 3 of 6 spark plugs & ignition coils, installed some flexible wire conduit, mounted the spare on a matching rim I had to order from Canada, had the tires rotated and finally managed to remove the rusted scissor jack from its storage space in the Jeep.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Got to the other three spark plugs and ignition coils. Found this on #4 cyl.

The ignition coil is supposed to be off one piece, like the one on the right. No wonder the engine was having the occasional misfire!

AC335DDD-EAA3-4409-AEB9-4DCF048551CF.jpeg

JediNighT

Synergy Front Track Bar/Sector shaft brace and PSC Big Bore w/hydro assist has arrived...

View attachment 375375 View attachment 375377 View attachment 375378

PSC installation complete along with the winch relocation to the rear bumper. Moved the 10K to the rear and added a 12K to the front. Need to re-think the tailgate fab to make room to opening and closing over the winch. This will do for now, until I can re-engineer a solution for deep water crossings.

On another note:
Going to create a seperate thread for these mods, as this build has become larger than antcipated...

Attachments

• IMG-4195.jpg
    IMG-4195.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-4200.jpg
    IMG-4200.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-4201.jpg
    IMG-4201.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-4202.jpg
    IMG-4202.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 28

JediNighT

PSC installation complete along with the winch relocation to the rear bumper. Moved the 10K to the rear and added a 12K to the front. Need to re-think the tailgate fab to make room to opening and closing over the winch. This will do for now, until I can re-engineer a solution for deep water crossings.

On another note:
Going to create a seperate thread for these mods, as this build has become larger than antcipated...
Adding pic of 12k winch

Attachments

• IMG-4204.jpg
    IMG-4204.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 13

Andy5160

Hooked
Tire change damn it. Drove on the RFK bridge in New York City heard something and started to shake a bit. I knew what it was. So I’d like to understand what happened? 45 miles per hour, 15k miles on them, wheeled once.
Any ideas? The pressure was 35 got a bit up since it was 90 degrees out.
Thank you

Attachments

• AA3E50C6-D97A-4488-87C6-E1A0C39C37BB.jpeg
    AA3E50C6-D97A-4488-87C6-E1A0C39C37BB.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 065F7AF3-FE5B-4094-8728-8CC3D67B9BD8.jpeg
    065F7AF3-FE5B-4094-8728-8CC3D67B9BD8.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Tire change damn it. Drove on the RFK bridge in New York City heard something and started to shake a bit. I knew what it was. So I’d like to understand what happened? 45 miles per hour, 15k miles on them, wheeled once.
Thank you
All the bubbles are from the tire being run on the road after the air was lost. As far as the original gash, it blew out. Did you hit anything that you're aware of? Any deep pot holes?

Andy5160

Hooked
All the bubbles are from the tire being run on the road after the air was lost. As far as the original gash, it blew out. Did you hit anything that you're aware of? Any deep pot holes?
Yes I had to get off the bridge so drove for a bit to safe area right passed the bridge. The minute I stopped trooper pulled over behind me. I asked him if I can change the tire right there he was super cool about. Was joking about how he runs into people who have no idea how all the time. Told my older son to come out and help me and blocked us with his cursed. Any way ,no I did not hit anything the surface was smooth.
Ty

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you
Damn, that sucks. Looking at the pic, I see an abrasion between the G and R and then another one on the tall shoulder lug above it. This is typically something I've seen from a side bitter pinch and is usually caused when running a low psi and hitting a decent sized rock hiding in the sand or in the bushes at a faster speed. If that's something that could have happened when you when wheeling last, it's possible that the sidewall was compromised then and then finally ruptured on your recent drive.

Andy5160

Hooked
Damn, that sucks. Looking at the pic, I see an abrasion between the G and R and then another one on the tall shoulder lug above it. This is typically something I've seen from a side bitter pinch and is usually caused when running a low psi and hitting a decent sized rock hiding in the sand or in the bushes at a faster speed. If that's something that could have happened when you when wheeling last, it's possible that the sidewall was compromised then and then finally ruptured on your recent drive.
Thanks Eddie for your input. I’ll brainstorm my last trip to see if I remember anything.

Top Bottom