What was done to your rig this week?

budmanm3

It does have a slight whistle and howl.

That will hopefully be solved as I have some noise isolators to put on it when they arrive. Basically two little rubber inserts to put in the fins to help with this issue.

installed some RAM mounts "x-grips" and a gopro mount to the Vector dash bar I recently also installed.

One of the x-grips is for my phone (as shown in the photo), the other will be for passenger use or a yet to be purchased monitor for a yet to be purchased rear view camera system. I'm thinking of an 'always' on rear-view monitor system, and therefore would want a dedicated monitor. For the go-pro mount, I imagine I'll normally run it outside of the vehicle, but for those times I want to view from inside the wind-shield, this will do well.

More info on my blog, along with details of the Vector JKE dock. This is a very solid mounting system - no more window suction cup devices falling down while off road!

FYI, the cables hanging down are from a 12V outlet I have mounted above (there is a standalone GPS unit up beside the rearview mirror)... they hang down to charge my camera and other cell phone while mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rccrwlr

installed some RAM mounts "x-grips" and a gopro mount to the Vector dash bar I recently also installed.

One of the x-grips is for my phone (as shown in the photo), the other will be for passenger use or a yet to be purchased monitor for a yet to be purchased rear view camera system. I'm thinking of an 'always' on rear-view monitor system, and therefore would want a dedicated monitor. For the go-pro mount, I imagine I'll normally run it outside of the vehicle, but for those times I want to view from inside the wind-shield, this will do well.

More info on , along with details of the Vector JKE dock. This is a very solid mounting system - no more window suction cup devices falling down while off road!

FYI, the cables hanging down are from a 12V outlet I have mounted above (there is a standalone GPS unit up beside the rearview mirror)... they hang down to charge my camera and other cell phone while mobile.

Wow it only took you 2 posts to link to something outside of the forum. Clearly you need to read the rules you accepted 2 posts ago.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow it only took you 2 posts to link to something outside of the forum. Clearly you need to read the rules you accepted 2 posts ago.

Best part is on his wave thread (12/13/14) he specifically says he is active on his own blog, but realized the rules here won't allow him to link it. :asshat:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

More info on my blog, along with details of the Vector JKE dock. This is a very solid mounting system - no more window suction cup devices falling down while off road!

As others have stated, you are welcome to post about products here. Links to your personal blog are not allowed. Refer to the rules that you agreed and acknowledged when you signed up.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Finally found a spot to mount my mic and get the cord out of the way. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420330762.904599.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420330790.585303.jpg

Also mounted up and wired the rear Amber flush mounts. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420330834.503135.jpg

Top Bottom