What were your first JK mods

The first upgrade I did was replace all the lighting with JW Speaker units. The stock headlamps were not making the cut.

Last edited:
2.5 Lift kit, front bumper, beadlocked rims, tires, procal(if that counts as a mod) as soon as it was off the dealer floor.

First mods are going in on Thursday. Evo coil overs, drag link flip, 37s, beads, 1350 drive shafts, evo 1/4 pounder, evo fascia, mce fenders.

First mods are going in on Thursday. Evo coil overs, drag link flip, 37s, beads, 1350 drive shafts, evo 1/4 pounder, evo fascia, mce fenders.

Haha This is a great list of first mods. Have fun counting down the days to when you can pick up your jeep lol. Congrats

First was grab handles for front and rear doors. Second was CRES cover for rear and bikini top, then was trimming fenders

My first mod was removing the stickers and decals. I parked it at home, went inside to grab the hear gun and went to work

My first mods were Ace Stubby Front bumper and Smittybilt XRC tire carrier and bumper. I basically got rid of all of the plastic on the jeep.

I recently just bought my first JKU and it had somethings already done such as a lift, grab handles, etc. so I went the safety and recovery route for my first mods somewhat.

I bought a fire extinguisher, Hi-Lift Jack, winch, and recovery kit. As far as actual mods to the Jeep...diff covers and sway bar quick disconnects. I also bought a Powertank for airing and tool duty.

If you buy a Jeep used, it may already have the factory front air dam removed. That leads to hood flutter on the highway. This is my first mod to the Jeep I bought, Saturday, although not technically my first mod.

Daystar Hood Wranglers. Easy to install, cheap ($24.94 on Amazon), & believe me, they work! I used them on my last Jeep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470851557.653865.jpg

If you buy a Jeep used, it may already have the factory front air dam removed. That leads to hood flutter on the highway. This is my first mod to the Jeep I bought, Saturday, although not technically my first mod.

Daystar Hood Wranglers. Easy to install, cheap ($24.94 on Amazon), & believe me, they work! I used them on my last Jeep.

View attachment 216815

I have the same ones. Worth it.

Top Bottom