Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Flat Top

I know of all those places. Great pics. Glad you had a good time. And yes, the elk own that city. FYI, the pic of Longs Peak, that's actually Mount Meeker right in front of Longs Peak. Either way, beautiful photos. I love it out here.

Thanks for the correction, it was hard to tell what peak so I guessed. :thumb:

Flat Top

Estes Park, Co. Part II

Storm Mountain cont.....

DSStormMountian.jpg

RubiconStormMountian6.jpg

RubiconStormMountian7.jpg

Ski Road
RubiconSkiRoad.jpg

RubiconSkiRoad2.jpg

RubiconSkiRoad3.jpg

It finally started to get cold on Wednesday, the evening BEFORE we were heading back. Just our luck but pretty cool for this Houston boy!
RubiconSnow.jpg

RubiconSnow2.jpg

Back in Texas - 13 hours straight, Estes Park to Ft.Worth, then 4 more the next day to H-Town.
TexasLine.jpg

2709 miles round trip, we plan on doing it again next year but new gears will be a must! An auto 3.6l with 37s and 4.10s is not bad in Texas but in the mountains it's a bear.
TotMilage.jpg

Last edited:

pjpvi

To Slick Rock Trail for likely the last weekend of the year the trail will be open / accessible. Beautiful day!
DJI_0524-X3.jpg

Phil

Kumar

How hard is k2 compared to hidden falls?

K2 is more technical than most of HF and you need to be careful picking your lines because the rocks aren't as forgiving as a lot of the terrain at HF. More of a rock crawling than trail riding feel for sure. It was raining pretty good when I went, and I must say that I definitely prefer K2 in the rain. I went to HF last weekend and slid all around and had a hell of a time going up most obstacles (got winched up penthouse when I normally just drive right up) but the granite at K2 is like sandpaper and you just stick.

Incase you didn't know, there will be another park similar to K2 expected to open in January. If I'm not mistaken, it will be open year round unlike K2. The website is http://www.wolfcaves.com/home.html

K2 is more technical than most of HF and you need to be careful picking your lines because the rocks aren't as forgiving as a lot of the terrain at HF. More of a rock crawling than trail riding feel for sure. It was raining pretty good when I went, and I must say that I definitely prefer K2 in the rain. I went to HF last weekend and slid all around and had a hell of a time going up most obstacles (got winched up penthouse when I normally just drive right up) but the granite at K2 is like sandpaper and you just stick.

Incase you didn't know, there will be another park similar to K2 expected to open in January. If I'm not mistaken, it will be open year round unlike K2. The website is http://www.wolfcaves.com/home.html

Yeah that's what I figured I will have to go sometime. Yeah I heard about wolf caves it looks like it will be awesome

AirborneJK

Nashville to Fort Bragg. 10 hour road trip thru the smoky mountains. Ol girl was screaming down the interstate but I averaged close to 15mpg so I can't complain.

Top Bottom