Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Ddays

Hooked
Unexpected trip into Pittsburgh yesterday for a good customer. Oh well, made the best of it...
PNC Park. Maz statue

PNC.jpg

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Went up to Poker Flat area off Hwy 49 and got stuck in the snow. Made it through but got stuck in the corner on the way back. This was after winching out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464702884.812460.jpg

Gravedigger11

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464741999.132814.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464742015.182425.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464742029.798936.jpg
Choccolocco mountain orv in Jacksonville, al. The wife got to drive for the first time and my buddy broke his axle shaft steering knuckle and ball joints passenger side. Needless to say that repair took up majority of the time but we got him riding again!

Gravedigger11

Curious as to how you fixed the knuckle? Just weld it up or did he have a spare?

One of our club members who didn't come drove the 2.5 hours to the orv park and dropped it off to is. He was a lifesaver. My buddy bought Reid knuckles and ten factory chromolies today.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
One of our club members who didn't come drove the 2.5 hours to the orv park and dropped it off to is. He was a lifesaver. My buddy bought Reid knuckles and ten factory chromolies today.

Awesome. That's what it's all about. :thumb: Just a word of caution, when I installed the ten factory shafts the axle yokes wouldn't fit through the knuckle. Had to shave it down slightly to get it to fit. May not be an issue with Reid knuckles or at all for that matter. But multiple people had the same problem with Ten Factory. No big deal but just a heads up.

Dopey84

Nice flop! [emoji6] fun looking recoveries on both too! So, what happened to the orange jk?

He was attempting this ledge and his rear axle twisted on him which in turn snapped the puck welds and dropped the rear driveshaft... And we think because of that he preloaded the front end causing his steering to sheer off clean at the steering box with no way to fix his steering he was towed off the trail... Mind you this was only the second obstacle a quarter mile from the start of the trail head... Oh and to top it off it was his boss' rig

JeepJeep75

He was attempting this ledge and his rear axle twisted on him which in turn snapped the puck welds and dropped the rear driveshaft... And we think because of that he preloaded the front end causing his steering to sheer off clean at the steering box with no way to fix his steering he was towed off the trail... Mind you this was only the second obstacle a quarter mile from the start of the trail head... Oh and to top it off it was his boss' rig

Wow! That sounds messy on the JK's part. Got any pics of the aftermath of that? If you do that would make a great post subject as I'm sure we could all learn a few things from that. Thanks!

jelliott076

That looks like a bad day all around. Glad there weren't any injuries other than pride...and maybe ass whoopins by the boss

Top Bottom