Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Jeeptime

Did a trail run out of Las Vegas to check out a few old gold mines. The first one was KoKoweef, which is still a working mine. There are many legends about that mine and a lot of people have made videos of that area.

The second one was Gold Dome. The mine was abandoned many years ago. I understand there is a group of people that do what they call Desert Art. They use the old tanks and buildings and I guess they use a torch to cut out different images. Sure, must have taken some time and a lot of equipment.

Saw old cemeteries. Looking at those old mines and equipment, those guys where tough.

The ride out had beautiful desert and some fun up and down trails.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    419.5 KB · Views: 18

jeeeep

Hooked
Did a trail run out of Las Vegas to check out a few old gold mines. The first one was KoKoweef, which is still a working mine. There are many legends about that mine and a lot of people have made videos of that area.

The second one was Gold Dome. The mine was abandoned many years ago. I understand there is a group of people that do what they call Desert Art. They use the old tanks and buildings and I guess they use a torch to cut out different images. Sure, must have taken some time and a lot of equipment.

Saw old cemeteries. Looking at those old mines and equipment, those guys where tough.

The ride out had beautiful desert and some fun up and down trails.
desert art... hmm, personally, when painted it's graffiti and when they start cutting it up it's destruction.
Why can't people leave things as they are, these type items were not placed there for their self-entitled ass to destroy, art is not a license to do what the fuck you want where you want even if it is abandoned.

Jeeptime

Yes, it is sad to go out into the desert and see this all the time. I could not post most of the pictures because of the destruction and graffiti.
When talking to the guy out at the KoKoweef mine, they have to keep things locked and chained up. They have even blocked some of the roads with boulders. He stated they come out at all hours.

GP NOIR

Hooked
SWAMBO’s Grand Cherokee took us to Sand Hollow. IMG_8434.jpeg
Thing is a beast in the sand, for a stock rig. Aired down to 12 psi, it went everywhere we wanted it to and only had to get pulled out of the blow sand once.

There was some carnage. Idiot in a SxS stopped in the middle of the trail and I had to go down a steep dune or lose momentum and sink. At the bottom I hit a rock hidden by the blowing sand. (The wind is blowing hard out here.)
IMG_8444.jpeg
IMG_8445.jpeg
IMG_8432.jpeg
At least I didn’t krang a cat.

Jsouder53

Hooked
SWAMBO’s Grand Cherokee took us to Sand Hollow. View attachment 403657
Thing is a beast in the sand, for a stock rig. Aired down to 12 psi, it went everywhere we wanted it to and only had to get pulled out of the blow sand once.

There was some carnage. Idiot in a SxS stopped in the middle of the trail and I had to go down a steep dune or lose momentum and sink. At the bottom I hit a rock hidden by the blowing sand. (The wind is blowing hard out here.)
View attachment 403659
View attachment 403660
View attachment 403658
At least I didn’t krang a cat.
That’s a bummer to hear about the carnage. Gotta love those idiots…

Top Bottom