Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Spent some time in Georgia courtesy of Uncle Sam. You never forget how beautiful the state is and how gooey the red clay mud is.:yup:

Spent some time in Georgia courtesy of Uncle Sam. You never forget how beautiful the state is and how gooey the red clay mud is.:yup:

Right you are sir! That stuff gets in every nook and cranny of the undercarriage. Got a full service wash on the way home. lol

By the way, thank you for your service!

The family and myself and couple other rigs went out to ocotillo wells and camped out in Anza- Borrego state park. We also hit up salton sea for a small period of time, didn't get to do much down there because sun had already started going down. Overall had an awesome time. Also a buddy brought his explore and thought he could hang but ended up get stuck with sand over his shock mounts, so that was fun pulling him out.

image-415939777.jpg

image-3601382621.jpg

image-1522696720.jpg

Mine took me out in the "brisk" air of dawn's early light to spend all morning shooting at some tiny little targets out to 425 yards for the local "sniper/prairie dog" match.

image-2692369799.jpg

image-4049180257.jpg

Out in the El Paso Mtns, with the Hi-N-Low Trail runners....

065.jpg

032.jpg

020.jpg

YES!
That IS the trail across the escarpment!!

014.jpg

So, with the pinzgauer in the lead....

wranglerontherocks-1.jpg

WOW!!!

Too darn COLD for a California Desert boy!! :eek:
It gets to the 30's here at nite, but even tho we are at almost 3000 ft, THAT looks WAAAAAY to cold Brother!

WOW!!!

Too darn COLD for a California Desert boy!! :eek:
It gets to the 30's here at nite, but even tho we are at almost 3000 ft, THAT looks WAAAAAY to cold Brother!

I know, right? :D It was about 15 or so...supposed to get down to -5 Tues :icon_crazy:

By the way, where were those awesome sand drawings in your pics?

Big Bear Lake .....50 degrees my ass felt like 80 brought all these extra layers for nothing:what:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beans;
The drawings you asked about are petroglyphs, and are in the sandstone of the El Paso Mtns, but are in the wilderness area, that I go ride my horse in. If you are familiar with the area, it is off of E-15, and east of the Holland Camp mine site.
I do not want to advertise them much, as so many of them have been vandalized, and this IS a public forum.
If you are up in the Bishop area, really extensive Petroglyphs remain along the Hwy 6 road toward Benton Crossing, and several tours go there. Also there are a lot at Fossil Falls, in the Coso Mtn area, east of Hwy 395.

Beans;
The drawings you asked about are petroglyphs, and are in the sandstone of the El Paso Mtns, but are in the wilderness area, that I go ride my horse in. ----- I do not want to advertise them much, as so many of them have been vandalized, and this IS a public forum.----

Awesome man! :) :) Thanks for posting! I copied the info if you want to edit your post. That is really horrible about vandalizism :( People who do things like that ought to be ashamed :( No respect for themselves or the heritage of this nation. The natives didn't call those types of folks "two-legged's" for nothing

Last edited:
Went down to the Canadian River in Norman, Oklahoma the other day. Nothing but straight sand. Easy and fun ride with the jeep, until some of my buddies had some difficulties. Good thing the winch got them straight out, after a couple of tries. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390591491.110888.jpg

Went with my girlfriend for a nice drive and ended up at the El Yunque rainforest. The U.S. Park Service handles close to 230 parks all over the US but this is the only tropical rainforest under control of the service...

View attachment 62763
View attachment 62764
View attachment 62765View attachment 62766View attachment 62767

beautiful place to stop and take a hike to! and if you can trust and leave the ig long enough to get up to chaco frio, probably spelled that horribly wrong. but another place to hike up and jump off the rocks with rope swings

Top Bottom