Whiskey of the Day

JohnnyD

Pappy Van Winkle. Wonderful over priced bourbon.

http://oldripvanwinkle.com

Yes this was my thought as well, BUT I'm told by those that have had it, that share my skepticism on the cost, that it is in fact a great bourbon.

So, I'm getting two bottles of this years load at cost. If I don't like it well I'll look awesome to brand aware friends lol, and then the other would be a nice respect gift to a colleague or something. For the cost to me I figured I'd see what all the fuss about...

JKCRWLR

Just got the low down while here at Big Smoke Las Vegas on the PVW.
Gotta start looking for a few bottles.

CREEPR

It usually only comes out twice a year and it sells out that day. Any year is good. I prefer the 15 because its not crazy pricey. The 20 and 23 is very hard to open.

Pthorpe84

I can't believe you got a bottle of the 12 year. I ask weekly at our local stores in Knoxville and the just laugh. I would pay for it any day. Stuff is outstanding.

sc_rhino

Sitting here watching the 2011 JKX sipping on some Knob Creek Single Barrel. First time I tried it was at the Jim Beam distillery straight from the barrel. Really smooth even though it's 120 proof.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447990251.463069.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428366410.595561.jpg

Crown Royal only made so many of these, they come with a card that tells you what number bottle it is out of how many. Ill try to look at it tonight and see how many they made. My in laws own a small liqour store in a small town and my wife was able to order me a bottle. This stuff was smooth. It was the best whiskey I have had to date.

Top Bottom