Windrock - 24-25 OCT 15

thardy

Banned
Glad to see the turn out so far! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some of the others.

I imagine that once we get there and figure out everyone's comfort level, we'll get a group or two together. The best part about Windrock is that we can wheel ALL weekend and still not see all the trails.

jkwebbie

Trevor is right! You can wheel there for a solid week and not hit half the trails!!! But I think me and my lady will be staying at the Holiday Inn that everyone stayed in back on the January run

bonedaddy

Where's the Holiday Inn? I would love to camp, but not sure how our 3 yr old and 1 1/2 yr old would do...

Where's everyone else staying?

jkwebbie

Where's the Holiday Inn? I would love to camp, but not sure how our 3 yr old and 1 1/2 yr old would do...

My bad, its a Comfort Inn that we stayed in. I'll try to find the address to it and post it on here or a link to the reservation page. I just gotta try and find it lol :what:

jkwebbie

The address to the hotel we stayed at back I'm January was 433 S Rutgers Ave. Oak Ridge, TN. It's a Comfort Inn and was pretty nice. If I remember correctly, Windrock was only about 15 minutes away from the hotel and there's also a LOT of restaurants to eat at within a half mile of the hotel and a Wal-Mart right behind the hotel too. This is where I'll be staying

trailless

Caught the Bug

If we can get a group to secure a block of rooms, I can see what rates I can get everyone.

I used to love camping but a hot shower in the morning is hard to beat!!!

thardy

Banned
The address to the hotel we stayed at back I'm January was 433 S Rutgers Ave. Oak Ridge, TN. It's a Comfort Inn and was pretty nice. If I remember correctly, Windrock was only about 15 minutes away from the hotel and there's also a LOT of restaurants to eat at within a half mile of the hotel and a Wal-Mart right behind the hotel too. This is where I'll be staying

Thanks.......

If we can get a group to secure a block of rooms, I can see what rates I can get everyone.

I used to love camping but a hot shower in the morning is hard to beat!!!

I know, Scrambler and I are looking at getting a cabin at the Windrock Campground for anyone interested. I think he said we need about 4-5 more people and it would end up being like $25 a person (per night I think). Definitely cheaper than a hotel and I've heard good things about their cabins.

Gui

Alright count me in. I would love to participate in this run. I will most likely be camping so if anyone else is camping I wouldn't mind staying close to a few of you guys. I'm also going to leave from Raleigh NC on that Friday if anyone would like to meet up on the way. Thanks!

View attachment 161239

I'll be leaving from the Winston Salem area. We can meet up on the way and convoy there

I am in Carrboro and will be leaving on Friday afternoon. Maybe we can plan something.

epetry

I am in Carrboro and will be leaving on Friday afternoon. Maybe we can plan something.

Ok I'm not sure what time I'm leaving yet. Going to try to take a half day at work on Friday. I'll let you guys know when I figure more details out.

Gui

Ok I'm not sure what time I'm leaving yet. Going to try to take a half day at work on Friday. I'll let you guys know when I figure more details out.

Sure. I do not know yet what time I will be leaving, but just to have an idea it will be some point in the afternoon/evening.
We keep in touch.

jkwebbie

Sure. I do not know yet what time I will be leaving, but just to have an idea it will be some point in the afternoon/evening.
We keep in touch.

Yea we can figure it out when it gets closer

jljohnson464

I live relatively close (Bristol TN) and would like to go as long as work doesn't interfere. The cabins there are super nice and there is a bed and breakfast very close (5mins) to the park called the windmill inn. I stayed there last time I went and it had nice rooms, a big area to watch tv and play pool in, and a big breakfast.

bonedaddy

we booked here since it was a bit cheaper than Comfort... right down the road though...

Quality Inn 216 S Rutgers Ave, Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830-6720 - $84 a night...

although i was tempted on renting one of the small cabins because they look nice and we would have a bedroom to stuff the babies in... hmm... ;)

Top Bottom