Windrock with Vengeance late March

So, with the steering wheel off by a fair bit, I hunted down a Harbor Freight on the way, and got a poor man's alignment tool. A few minutes in the parking lot, and it will drive better.

I bent the tie rod enough it had about 3/8" of toe in. I would hate to think what 2,000 miles of that would do to the tires.

Using a bottle jack to lift one tire a bit makes it much easier to adjust, and get it right quicker than with both on the ground.

Attachments

• PXL_20210328_180134316_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210328_180134316_copy_800x600.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20210328_180732530_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210328_180732530_copy_800x600.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 80
So, with the steering wheel off by a fair bit, I hunted down a Harbor Freight on the way, and got a poor man's alignment tool. A few minutes in the parking lot, and it will drive better.

I bent the tie rod enough it had about 3/8" of toe in. I would hate to think what 2,000 miles of that would do to the tires.

Using a bottle jack to lift one tire a bit makes it much easier to adjust, and get it right quicker than with both on the ground.

Jerry - when I said I wanted Vengeance to go to someone else who would wheel it, I didn’t really have that kind of abuse in mind. �� It looks like a heck of a good time, I am sorry I missed all the fun. Good luck on that drive back to CA!

Bottle Jack?...blasphemy...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jerry - when I said I wanted Vengeance to go to someone else who would wheel it, I didn’t really have that kind of abuse in mind. �� It looks like a heck of a good time, I am sorry I missed all the fun. Good luck on that drive back to CA!

😁😁. I just want to use it like Mel built it to be used😁😁. No regrets, it is a really great build, and though I will push it, I will also respect and care for it 👍

Wish you could have joined us.

You ain't seen nothing yet [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

It definitely went to the right person.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thanks👍

Bottle Jack?...blasphemy...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey, they have a place in my box too.

How does it handle at hwy speeds compared to the 4door?

I'm now pretty sure my 4 door has issues.
Vengeance runs great, straight and true, with no vibration, no pulling, a joy to drive.
80+ no problem, and the mileage is barely worse than my other Jeep.

Top Bottom